KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ride in the woods and from the one ride I did at the dunes seems I had way more top end than I needed and not enough low. Found very few places I could wind up 5th for any amount of time. Where we ride there really is no where to wind up 5th so would rather have a way snappier bottom end. Would like to drop a tooth on the front, anyone on here ever do that?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
We ride in the woods and from the one ride I did at the dunes seems I had way more top end than I needed and not enough low. Found very few places I could wind up 5th for any amount of time. Where we ride there really is no where to wind up 5th so would rather have a way snappier bottom end. Would like to drop a tooth on the front, anyone on here ever do that?
I did last trip in the sand and I loved it with 21” rear paddles....And I’m at about 48-50hp

i couldn’t do it for fast trail riding, but slow technical stuff wouldn’t be bad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already ordered the 13 tooth. Can't use all that top end where we ride so will gladly trade that off for more bottom. Plus the grandson is only 12 so he doesn't need that much speed. Will also make taking off with the clutch a little easier for him.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I already ordered the 13 tooth. Can't use all that top end where we ride so will gladly trade that off for more bottom. Plus the grandson is only 12 so he doesn't need that much speed. Will also make taking off with the clutch a little easier for him.
There you go.

may want a steering stabilizer to help with arm pump. The kfx is torquey Machine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts