KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing new headlights. Definitely a project, but I like the results. New decal kit too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
That looks good! How is the light output compared to the stock KFX headlights? How about the mounting and wiring, pretty straight forward? If you can, post up some pics of your mounting and wiring.

Nicely done!

Tony

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wiring is easy... They plug into the factory harness. In other words, the use the same exact wiring and connectors. I was happily surprised when I just plugged them in and everything worked (including high and low beam). These lights are significantly brighter. I would say about twice the output. The age of the bulb might have something to do with it though (2014 yfz vs 2008 kfx). I'll post some pics of the brackets when I get a chance. There are 5 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
Those things look like they were meant to go there!!! Another nice benefit is that it appears to raise the headlight level a little from the stock location. Should help the light clear the front bumper better instead of going right into it. I think this looks really good with that set-up. Gonna have to source some YFZ450 headlights and give this a shot. Very interested to see your mounting brackets for these.

Nice job on the conversion!!

Tony

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics of the brackets you made! I may have to see if I can locate a used pair of YFZ headlights and give this a shot. They look like they were made to go on the KFX.

Tony

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics of the brackets you made! I may have to see if I can locate a used pair of YFZ headlights and give this a shot. They look like they were made to go on the KFX.

Tony
Rigid Industries Duallys fit well in the stock location too. Half the drain of oem halogen, many times the brightness. There are some knock offs on ebay that will work too. Ive had mine for years and love em.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts