KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a fci, my main questions are is this the one to get, I do mainly trail riding, there is mud and sometimes tons of it, so i'm thinking i should buy the one that comes with a box. I have searched a little bit and it seems that they are all around 325 for with a box. Has any one found it cheaper, or is any one looking to sell one?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
The FCI is the one to get. Best intake hands down. Get one with a box if you ride in wet conditions. Call steve at tqsatv.com He will hook you up if nobody has a used one on here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ya I am going with same intake . I'm waiting on
Preatyboy69 to send pics on how to use the stock air box
With the intake. I think with the type of riding we do the stock air
Box would be ideal .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you could send those pics my way that would be great. I had actually just thought about if you could do that or not. But would that limit the power gains? I'm guessing you would probably leave the lid off so probably not. But if that works out then I could go with just the fci without box.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Fci with the box is fine for all conditions I race xc and most of our tracks are wet/muddy never had any issues the past 2 years!ive seen a few good deals on eBay for way less than 325 I'd keep searching!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Best HP mod for this bike hands down. Also, TQS was the cheapest. I called Ken at KB and he beat their price. I believe I paid $280 for it with box from KB. Not sure if that price still stands, but I find that Ken at KB will usually always beat others prices. Didn't however really like the lack of sealing at the back of the box, but have yet to have an issue when riding in wet conditions

·
Registered
80 Posts
FCI hands down. You're gonna be surprised with the torque and acceleration increase! Make sure to have a programmer before you get a full intake. Also idk how sensitive you are to noise but I can clearly hear the intake over the stock exhaust at any distance. I'm going to put sound absorbing fabric and foam in the box and the underside of the seat to muffle the roar haha

But yes, easily the best power mod you can/will do to your toy :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just got a used one with box on ebay 175 shipped. If you're patient, you can find good deals on them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Ill have to call up some places, see what deals I can get. But I do have a programmer, by fmf, I think it will do just fine, just might have to adjust it a little, but does anyone have a similar set up? does it work just fine?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts