KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a kfx450R from my father in law who’s a atv mechanic and he said when it was put away it would fall on its face when you gave it gas, he let it sit for about 2 years before I got to it. Now it only fires when running on the starter and only what seems like every other time, I’ve done timing and checked valves all is good there besides the fact that the intake cam jumped a link but I fixed that and still the same issues, I’ve done all your normal tests and still can’t figure it out

·
Super Moderator
10,258 Posts
Welcome to the Forum....!!

Is your motor stock or has upgrades?

Is your ECU OEM..? if yes. does your F.I dash light remain on or flash when starting? Check for error codes

If your cam keep jumping the link, Check if the cam gears are worn & cam guides & chain is stretched needing to be replaced... make sure the cam chain tensioner is functioning properly...

Do a compression test 49~81 psi usable

Is your TPS in range? see pic

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Is your ECU OEM..? if yes. does your F.I dash light remain on or flash when starting? Check for error codes

If your cam keep jumping the link, Check if the cam gears are worn & cam guides & chain is stretched needing to be replaced... make sure the cam chain tensioner is functioning properly...

TPS is in range, compression is good, no lights, no codes, stock ecu and PCV I’ve tried both with multiple maps, also have tried just stock ecu, the only mod I have is a fmf exhaust with a power bomb header, and I believe the cam being off was due to an oversight as it was lined up with a little knick on the cam instead of the indentation, I’ve done some tests on the injector and everything seems fine there crankcase was full of gas when I got it but it hasn’t done it again and it never got into the intake so I just assume it was flooded from trying to start

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

And thank you for the welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts