KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my 450r out for a rip brought it home washed it drove it around the block to air dry it and by the time I made it home it died in the drive way.... it turns over starters fine but it just don’t fire when I turn the key on I normally hear a small noise coming from the engine area but now when I turn the key I get nothing just the temp light comes on and goes off after 3 sec turn over turn over but won’t fire my fuses are good I’ve checked the tip sensor still moving up and down
I was gonna check the relays and the number on the rubber case matches a kawi part number but the relay that is in there matches a Toyota or Subaru when you google them would this pose a problem

Does anyone out there know what that noise is that happens right after you turn the key on or when you flip the kill switch into run position and will having different relays would that be giving me a problem

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
Welcome to the Forum....!!!

The sound is the fuel pump priming the fuel injector...

You might have gotten some electrical connection wet when you washed it, might start when dry....

Make sure the battery is fully charged 12.8 volts standard...!

What do you mean the TPS moves up & down..?..You'll have to check the voltage to be in range if you moved it...see picture

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there an aftermarket pump you would recommend buying a hole fuel pump from kawi is like 600 there has to be somthing after market that will work for me

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine had a hell of a time starting. It would crank til the battery died and I had to use my jump pack. I replaced the battery and the issue went away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts