KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys new here. Been searching before actually joining and I couldn't fine a starter tune for my bike. Its an 08 with stock exhaust and fci intake. I did see someone mention something about 4,4,3 but then someone else said 4.5,4.5,5 so anyone please give me your info thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
9,699 Posts
hi guys new here. Been searching before actually joining and I couldn't fine a starter tune for my bike. Its an 08 with stock exhaust and fci intake. I did see someone mention something about 4,4,3 but then someone else said 4.5,4.5,5 so anyone please give me your info thanks in advance.
Welcome to the Forum...!!!

Can you post a picture of the wiseco fuel controller your using...?

·
Super Moderator
9,699 Posts
Thank you, currently at work but its the simple 3 button controller
Ok!

Depending on your altitude if your at sea level...then Green 5, yellow 5 & red 3.5...keep the other 3 settings Bl/gr, bl/y & bl/r at there default settings..

higher altitude 2500 ft + you might want to drop to 4.5, 4.5 & 3.5 or lower to 4,4, 3 depending on your motors performance...check the spark plug for the white insulator to be a coffee tan color for a proper burn...

If your motor is sluggish, slow to accelerate & bogs down your A/F mixture is too rich...lower the numbers by 0.5 until performance is restored...!

If your motor heats up too fast/Fan comes on too quickly, cuts out, & pops/back fires when you let off the throttle..your A/F mixture is too lean you'll need to add fuel

Here's the PDF manual for your controller... https://www.wiseco.com/PDFs/Manuals/FMCManual-English.pdf

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
4, 4, 2 should be pretty close.

it comes set as 4, 4, .5

1 - 5 of 5 Posts