KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 kfx450r with a wiseco fuel controller installed. I am having the battery drain issue. I've been reading about the procom ecu as a solution. My question is if I get the procom ecu will I need to unhook my wiseco fuel controller or will they work together on the quad? From what I understand the fuel controller is just a piggy back so basically whatever map you select with the procom will be Intercepted by the fuel controller an adjusted per the fuel controllers settings. So I'm wondering if they will both work together or if I would need to delete the controller? An if they will work together is there any advantages/disadvantages to running both. My thought is if I can run both I will fix my battery drain issue an get some gains with procoms preset maps but still have the ability to adjust on the fly with the controller if need be. New to fuel Injected quads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No..! .not carpetable with the Procom...
So I would have to delete the fuel controller to use the procom? I love the way my quad runs. Didnt really wanna change it but this battery drain crap is killing me. Is there any other ECUs available that will work with it? Guess Im worried that if I deleted the controller an go with the procom it won't run as good. I have 0 experience with the procom. In your experience would you say the pre set maps it has available will keep my quad running as strong as it does now?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
So I would have to delete the fuel controller to use the procom? I love the way my quad runs. Didnt really wanna change it but this battery drain crap is killing me. Is there any other ECUs available that will work with it? Guess Im worried that if I deleted the controller an go with the procom it won't run as good. I have 0 experience with the procom. In your experience would you say the pre set maps it has available will keep my quad running as strong as it does now?
As far as I remember prityboy ran the Procom and fmf controller together without issue

Reactions: Kenb1221

·
Super Moderator
10,020 Posts
You can try it & see..!

The Dynojet PCIII, PCV do not without special firmware..

But the ECUs PPR (Pulses-per-Revolution) rate is different with each...

The OEM is 1.0

Procom is 0.5 or wasted spark..

Here's a thread on the Procom... Procom Fully Reprogrammable High Performance ECU

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wanted to chime in on this, as I recently installed a Procom and am loving this thing. I initially used a map which DUST DEVIL sent me and it was good but I've been racing and tuning and finally have this thing dialed in. I have been cutting the spark plugs and adjusting according to those results. It's taken time but it is very easy to use once you get use to it. I wouldn't waste my time with the Weisco unit and just go full Procom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts