KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just outside getting my quad ready and wandering who was going to be attending the race as well.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I saw some kfx's up there earlier while looking fore a valve spring retainer for a buddies ltr but I don't know if they were members or not.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Wasn't too many Kawasaki's there. A few in the AM and 2 in the PM.

Man what a rough race. Just finished watching the live video feed.

Fowler was checked out and broke a chain.
3 Honda's on the box at the end of the PM race.

You were doing good on the live scoring and then it started messing up, then came back.

According to what is on my phone you had a good run. Finished 4th on that wide track beast.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad to hear it. I had a few mechanical. Problems but still had a good time.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I knew I recognized that quad! I saw you on the track a couple times. I pulled the holeshot and was running good then going up the ski slope my clutch fried. I'm a little pissed but oh well....

I was on the side of that ski slope hill climb that's where I saw you, you were on the gas, nice job! Wish my bike ran the whole time I was setting up for a good one

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw a couple quads I recognized. I actually ask one of them if they knew where I might find a valve spring retainer for my buddies ltr.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
There were more than a few 3 of my buddies ran in the am w/kfx's!
Wish I could have made it but bike was down and work had to go on next year hopefully!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did your buddies have one of your old kawies? I think that may be one of the ones I hit up for a spring retainer for a ltr.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I remember talking to you about the retainer. I ran the am race in Super Senior 45+ class a got 2nd in class and 16th overall. How did you make out with finding one?

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I remember talking to you about the retainer. I ran the am race in Super Senior 45+ class a got 2nd in class and 16th overall. How did you make out with finding one?
You were rolling brother!

And 2nd in Super Senior is a WIN in my book. Super Dave needs his own class.... Old Guy Pro?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I knew I recognized that bike. You a black kfx, and a yfx were riding together parked at the top of the world.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No we never found the valve retainer se we ended up donating the gasket kit we just got with Davids 474 big bore kit to Chris Boric because he had a blown head gasket and some other parts to Bithell. All in all I met all in all I met some pretty cool people.

·
Registered
477 Posts
There's not many kawis at a race but when there is, they are always on top 5 huh, or taking holeshots!!! That's got to be something good..

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh I kill some holeshots. As every race picture of me shows. Its getting this thing to finish the race In one piece that seams to elude me. On a xc or gncc anyhow. My stuff seams to hold up well on a MX track.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Ive olny had one holeshot this year at round 1 in florida first ever holeshot and first 1st place finish!my yamaha is funny she either starts super fast or takes forever. i think in ga i was 3rd or 4th off the line steele creek i was like 10th and at bigbuck i was 3rd until somebody took me out a few turns in and was dead last!lorretta lynns i was also around 10th and marvins mountaintop i was 2nd!i just switched to a lithium battery which has been helping not sure if the yfz has a tps mod like the kfx it sure could use it!
Bills bike starts so fast hea got a good mechanic lol!next thing im gna try is a 24 volt starting system talked w a few yfz guys and that seems to be the best way to get em fired up the fastest!
I really wish i was able to try one gncc on my old xc kfx that bike started quick and everytime too!

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
I switched because in 3 years i crackd 5 frames!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts