KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking Roll Design MX A-Arms with longtravel- elka factory or custom axis shocks up front and the same shock as front in the rear with a RPM Dominater II rear axle and RPM Millennium or twin row tapered bearing carrier :werd:

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Most likely will end up with Laeger or JD performance and Fox or Axis!

Leaning towards Laeger / Axis for now, I think they will be available first of the two.

PDR

·
Registered
105 Posts
I already have my SMC/Motowoz front end on mine and love it. My RPM Dominator II is on its way finally and I will have a rear Motowoz shock soon and will see about a linkage.

·
Registered
469 Posts
oh so sexy :wub: haha i think im gonna end up with a jb/pep front end or a walsh/pep or even laeger/pep front end if they dont take forever to make the arms

·
Registered
41 Posts
Roll design +1 a arms & Elka quad rate up front, with elka lond travel rear with custom linkage. I have pic this weekend. Just ordered brake line from instigatorracing today. When I receive them I'll finish the front end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
oh so sexy :wub: haha i think im gonna end up with a jb/pep front end or a walsh/pep or even laeger/pep front end if they dont take forever to make the arms[/b]
If you go with PEP shocks, I don't think you'll have to wait too long for the arms to be built since the shocks are probably like 3 months out...

~Jay

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well hers my list as of now im goin to call roll design and see how much their a-arms will add to the kfx im hopn to put it close to 50 in for mx and im gettin custom axis shokcs front and back i also thought bout a lobo II swing arm anyone else changing their arms ?? and custom axis shock with the rpm pro dom II with the millinium tapered carrier i think this will be one of the best set ups for mx

the elka Factory Shocks haha yea good luck gettn one of them their ass expensive and not that much better than the elites and axis is killer

·
Registered
105 Posts
well hers my list as of now im goin to call roll design and see how much their a-arms will add to the kfx im hopn to put it close to 50 in for mx and im gettin custom axis shokcs front and back i also thought bout a lobo II swing arm anyone else changing their arms ?? and custom axis shock with the rpm pro dom II with the millinium tapered carrier i think this will be one of the best set ups for mx

the elka Factory Shocks haha yea good luck gettn one of them their ass expensive and not that much better than the elites and axis is killer[/b]
yeah but to be fair is there really any great elka shock out there. i have ridden many sets and they are junk. Look awesome but are just set up so bad from elka.

·
Registered
469 Posts
imo elka's are pretty bad from the factory, they valving is always off and u can send em back and more then likley you will still have off valving. You cant go wrong with axis, pep, or fox imo. And Motowoz is definatly making a name for themselves and its nothign but good. I cant wait to see more mx modified machines and see what works well on them.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Roll design +1 a arms & Elka quad rate up front, with elka lond travel rear with custom linkage. I have pic this weekend. Just ordered brake line from instigatorracing today. When I receive them I'll finish the front end.[/b]

how much did that front end cost???
that is the same one that i want....

·
Registered
41 Posts
how much did that front end cost???
that is the same one that i want....[/b]
When I get the invoice I'll let you know.
Finished all the mods tonight, I'll post pics Friday night

·
Registered
153 Posts
Im interested in the new houser tric trac LT arms. Wondering how the threads will hold up and if they are replaceable? The system seems like it would work and make things a lot easier. Probably end up with elka quad piggybacks or fox evols with matching rear. I hope i can wait a little longer. I have had elkas with no prob before....they do tend to overvalve but i think they add weight on to your order for a full geared rider. Not that i like that but keep in mind when ordering from elka.

·
Registered
469 Posts
In my opinion i would go with the Fox shocks or even the fox high/low speed evol's. they are definaly one of the nicest shocks on the market. But i suggest a pep rear shock instead of the fox.

·
Registered
153 Posts
In my opinion i would go with the Fox shocks or even the fox high/low speed evol's. they are definaly one of the nicest shocks on the market. But i suggest a pep rear shock instead of the fox.[/b]

Is the pep the only shock you would take over the podium? I would like to try to keep a set for servicing purposes....then again do they evols need much to be serviced? I have never rode on pep, fox or axis, but everyone seems to like em. Are these shocks that much better then elka fully dialed in? Ive ridden on tcs, works and elka but its hard to judge when you get on someone elses bike, especially since there is a big weight difference between me and my buddys.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts