KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in California. A KFX costs about $8,500 out the door for a green or white one. Seems like this dealer never discounts. I'm thinking of going to Oregon to buy my next quad, no tax.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got mine for 76??otd in the bay area but thats cause I know someone there. I think you might have to pay tax on it if you buy it out of state and then try to register it in CA though, so you might want to check on that first.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm in California. A KFX costs about $8,500 out the door for a green or white one. Seems like this dealer never discounts. I'm thinking of going to Oregon to buy my next quad, no tax.[/b]
Got mine in Washington for 8 otd. A friend of mine got a honda in Oregon and had it registered there. Once his registration expired he had to pay the sales tax to get it registered here. I imagine it would be the same case with you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some friends of mine bought a z400 in Oregon. It was registered in Oregon. They couldn't ride it legally in CA for a little while, then they got the CA registration. I'll have to ask if they had to pay the sales tax. I want to say that they didn't have to, otherwise why bother buying out of state. I'll give them a call and ask what they did and let you guys know. I'm pretty sure there's a way around it, but maybe not...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't use ebay that often... I'm having trouble finding their store. Do you have a link?

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts