KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys finally got my kfx 450 and am itching to put some aftermarket parts into it. not sure what brand to go with for an exhaust. i am leaning towards a looney tuned exhaust but like i said im unsure on what i want. also unsure on the brand of efi controller to get. fuel customs intake is in the mail as we speak and want to get kx450 cams as well so basically im looking for the best set up i can get with the fci and cams. thats as far as i wanna go for engine mods. just looking for any personal experience with any brand of exhaust or efi or any info you may have on this matter thanks everyone :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've got the LTE duel system and cant speak highly enough of it.......awsome quality, sound, looks and power/torque.

If you do go that route you will need to mod the FCI so the RHS pipe (as your looking from the front of the quad) will fit.

Heat and squish is what you will have to do, then either use header wrap, heat sheild or both.

It's all a very tight fit especialy if you need to run the FCI with box as I do.

But let me tell you it's worth it as the power is awsome.....I'm a big guy and the quad will lift the front under its own power up to 3rd gear with me trying to keep it down!

When I say lift I mean it wants to loop out if your not onto it!

A mate of mine has a KTM 525 dirt bike with cams, high comp piston freshly rebuilt and he got on my KFX and said it's an absolute monster and asked how I can ride it with all that power.

He is a good bit lighter than me and the KTM has some balls but he said the low to mide on the kfx is insane and I'm not even running cams....yet.....now thats gunna be interesting!

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Save the weight and go for a full DASA. Smooth delivery over the entire rpm range and sounds great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts