KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i know this has nothing to do with the kfx450 or even a kawie. i just wanted to give a idea of what West Virginia xc is all about. i actually raced these races back in the day on a Tecate4 and a old Quad-Racer as a backup quad.

·
Registered
63 Posts
you have raced the blackwater 100? what years? I have the dvds and watch it every couple months lol

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Wow thats some rough xc Racing there

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1991,92,&93 you cant even imagine how bad that race was. my first year wasn't bad it was kind of dry but the next two years were straight soup & rocks. similar to snowshoe now. But they change snowshoe every year so its never the same. that way no one can memorize the course same reason they don't let us ride it the rest of the year. the closest we can get is to practice at Sharps Knob.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
and here is what they replaced it with.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
you have raced the blackwater 100? what years? I have the dvds and watch it every couple months lol
Which DVDs do you have? I raced the last one in '92 (I believe it was '92). They interviewed me and it made it on one of the videos. I had the video (VCR) but can no longer find it.

If you have it, I'm the guy who talks about how he had to swap out motors the week before the race and then my clutch burnt up right after the big river crossing in all the traffic. :)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
93 was the last one if your trying to find that video.

·
Registered
462 Posts
This race was before my time but my dad raced it, back in his 250r days. Looks like a good time it's a shame they stopped it. He has a few of the VHS tapes of it along with a collection of old tapes his dad made with a prehistoric camcorder. They're fun to watch for sure!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Which DVDs do you have? I raced the last one in '92 (I believe it was '92). They interviewed me and it made it on one of the videos. I had the video (VCR) but can no longer find it.

If you have it, I'm the guy who talks about how he had to swap out motors the week before the race and then my clutch burnt up right after the big river crossing in all the traffic. :)
ill be sure to look for ya next time! I cant remember what years it is. I think it came with 3 disks in all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts