KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the heads up! I saw that but was hoping someone had one that was bare metal. They just get so scratched up, the colored ones look like crap after a couple of seasons. If no one chimes in with one that's the one I'm gonna buy. Really don't have any choice that is the only new one I could find.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well got it and installed. Mounts for tail light were too short, was impossible to mount and hook up the wiring. The connector on the light was shoved up into the frame so no chance of plugging it in. Had to make brackets to lower the light so it would fit. Also the bracket for the light mount sits right under the lever to release the seat, so am going out here in a little while to see if I can bend the lever enough to get the seat off, if not will have to unbolt the rack everytime to take the seat off. I can say it was made well and the powdercoating is nice. Mounting bolts all lined up but was made of a thicker material so had to make spacers for the bottom holes of the fender mounts so they would bolt on flush. If you are a welder you could cut the tail light brackets off and lower and reposition them but I'm not a welder, who wants to have to do that to a brand new part, plus it wouldn't be powder coated there. Would have sent it back but no one else makes one:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts