KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
08 KFX450R, PROCOM ECU, FULL YOSHI PIPE, VELOCITY INTAKE, BILLET STEERING STABILIZER
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, just got my Head back from the machine shop and after putting it all back together my exhaust valves were in spec but I feel like I should re adjust them to be in the middle of the spec per the shop manual. It's currently at .006 in.

Is it best practice to adjust to the middle of the spec? on both intake and exhaust?

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is always a debate on where to adjust but I normally adjust to the max clearance which allows me more time between re-shimming.

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Hey Guys, just got my Head back from the machine shop and after putting it all back together my exhaust valves were in spec but I feel like I should re adjust them to be in the middle of the spec per the shop manual. It's currently at .006 in.

Is it best practice to adjust to the middle of the spec? on both intake and exhaust?
Many adjust too
exhaust around 0.20~ 0.21mm if you max to 0.22mm you'll have decompression mechanism doesn't work good & noisy valves tap
Intake around 0.13~0.14mm, if you max noisy valve tap

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Many adjust too
exhaust around 0.20~ 0.21mm if you max to 0.22mm you'll have decompression mechanism doesn't work good & noisy valves tap
Intake around 0.13~0.14mm, if you max noisy valve tap
The exhaust valves don’t seem to come out of adjustment like the intakes do.

usually set the intakes to .14 because they do tighten up

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
The exhaust valves don’t seem to come out of adjustment like the intakes do.

usually set the intakes to .14 because they do tighten up
If the exhaust is too wide it won't press on the decompression pin to decompress & damage the starter.. read this thread

1 - 5 of 5 Posts