KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 kfx450R,and the guy said the valves need either adjusted or shimmed. Is this hard to do? My uncle has done it for me on 2006 outlaw 500 but he says this one is harder. The shop wants $55 an hour. How much do you think it would end up costing all tiger?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,764 Posts
Experience mechanic start to finish is about 1-1/2.hr. remove plastic, fuel tank, & remove the head cover...Plan to spend $200.00 + to have a shop do it

Here's a video to give you an Idea

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Experience mechanic start to finish is about 1-1/2.hr. remove plastic, fuel tank, & remove the head cover...Plan to spend $200.00 + to have a shop do it

Here's a video to give you an Idea
It was $125 total to get the valves adjusted,but the damn thing still bogs down with anything at a half throttle or more. Could it be the TPS giving me all of this headache? If so,please reply to my other post I started.
thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,764 Posts
It was $125 total to get the valves adjusted,but the damn thing still bogs down with anything at a half throttle or more. Could it be the TPS giving me all of this headache? If so,please reply to my other post I started.
thanks
Have to set the Lexx controller to the proper fuel setting for your intake...!

Lexx setting for the fuel custom intake try 4,4,3

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts