KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to the kawi scene. I have been riding honda 250rs for the past couple of years and i am looking into getting a kfx450r. I am in need of a replacement filter for a fuel customs intake.
I am very short on time and can not order a fci filter or yfz450 gytr filter. I have checked the dealerships for the yfz filter but no luck. I am going to look at a quad that supposably was at the start of
all the performance parts getting parted out. the guy said he just threw the filter away for his fci. I cant imagine listening to the motor and test riding it without the filter. I know nothing about these quads as far as what i should be looking for when buying one of these. I am new to fuel injection but need it for the mountain trails. I would be greatful for any help with the air filter and buyers inspection tips. thank you.

·
Super Moderator
9,764 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...

Can you find a KFX foam filter & cut it to size and fasten it with a 4-1/2 Hose clamp for the test ride...Is the only thing I can think of...!!

Make sure to run it through the gears, check with the seller of the kFX's maintenance record...oil changes/valve clearance inspection & any motor work that was done...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for your reply. so i need to find a foam filter for the kfx450r original airbox and cut the rubber boot down to make it fit the larger airbox inlet? thanks again, for your help.

·
Super Moderator
9,764 Posts
thank you for your reply. so i need to find a foam filter for the kfx450r original airbox and cut the rubber boot down to make it fit the larger airbox inlet? thanks again, for your help.
You only need an KFX stock filter that's foam & stretch it over the FCI tube....cut it to fit & clamp it with an hose clamp...Or duct tape on the tube... if it only (temporary) to test ride the KFX before purchase...!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts