KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
ABSOLUTELY ....... I can get setup as a dealer and sell any brand i want to. I know some other pipe manufactures may be even better to deal with, but i want to offer ONLY the best to my customers.
The whole reason i do this is to find the best pipe to sell. Not one pipe in this shootout was given to me. I paided for every single one out of my pocket and then took a loss when i sold each one. I want to sell the best pipe and create the best intake and pipe combo i can. If the n-motion or the barker beats the Dasa I WILL BE SELLING THEM you can count on that. Remeber i dont own Dasa or have any intrest in them.

***** more numbers add in the dyno section under the shoot out thread ******

FUELATV

·
Registered
15 Posts
FUEL,

One question? If trinity made the most HP would you sell it on your site? It just seems that you've got a kind liking for dasa and not to mention that its a product on your web site.[/b]
Exactly!

too bad a non sponser wasnt the one doing the testing like tresejr did on yfzcentral.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
A non sponsor did do the testing? ........ his name on the board is Driver311. I just bought all the pipes and sent them to him. Not sure if you actually saw the post above, BUT i can become a dealer for any pipes i want, Trinity, HMF, ESR, Sparks, LRD ..... any of them. For the LTR450 we found the Dasa to make the most HP so that is the one pipe i am selling for the LTR450. So far the Dasa again ..... dyno proven by a third party ..... not me i had nothing to do with the dyno runs ...... is making the most HP. So you can trust the third party or not it is up to you. Dan Lamey at Dasa does not just slap his name on something. He does alot of R&D before releasing anything. The reason i feel alot of these pipes are close is due to the intake. It is VERY restrictive. Once you get my intake on there the Stepped pipes will REAL shine. I will have more Dyno runs with the intake on very soon. Again ..... I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DYNO RUNS a third party in another state did ALL of the testing.

FUELATV

·
Registered
20 Posts
A non sponsor did do the testing? ........ his name on the board is Driver311. I just bought all the pipes and sent them to him. Not sure if you actually saw the post above, BUT i can become a dealer for any pipes i want, Trinity, HMF, ESR, Sparks, LRD ..... any of them. For the LTR450 we found the Dasa to make the most HP so that is the one pipe i am selling for the LTR450. So far the Dasa again ..... dyno proven by a third party ..... not me i had nothing to do with the dyno runs ...... is making the most HP. So you can trust the third party or not it is up to you. Dan Lamey at Dasa does not just slap his name on something. He does alot of R&D before releasing anything. The reason i feel alot of these pipes are close is due to the intake. It is VERY restrictive. Once you get my intake on there the Stepped pipes will REAL shine. I will have more Dyno runs with the intake on very soon. Again ..... I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DYNO RUNS a third party in another state did ALL of the testing.

FUELATV[/b]
FUEL

Sorry, I wasn't out to offend anyone, or question ones character. I just noticed that in your descriptions of the pipes it just seemed that you were "putting a little extra" for DASA. I plan on spending quite a bit of money on your site and trust what you say just by your replies to others questions. I wanna buy the best pipe and intake with a good map! I can't beleive how hard it is to even find one of those and i think if you can get the trifecta goin' there you'll sell big.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No problem ....... none taken. I went through the same issues with the LTR450 pipe shootout. That is why i had a reliable 3rd party do all ofthe dyno testing. I tried to be honest and equal for each pipe. A few of the pipes has very nice features and i tried my best to point them out. I do have the tri-fecta ..... Dasa pipe, FUELATV intake and a power commander. The complete package ...... with BIG hp gains. I will have these maps in 7 - 10 days available to down load on my website.

1. Dasa pipe, Power commander, stock air box, no air box lid

2. Dasa pipe , Power commander, Fuelatv intake

3. Fuelatv intake, Power commander, Stock pipe no baffle

Thanks

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Going back to the thread I am ALLOWED to post in. GEEZ......

QUOTE(PDR @ Aug 12 2007, 08:11 PM) *
I am an in no way trying to discount what you have done here. I am simply asking questions to help the cause.

What cause is that? On the header it says PLEASE DO NOT post in this thread. I will be adding info as i get it. So i will be deleting all the posts in this thread. Feel free to post in the updated info thread.

first off, I would like to see the dyno graphs of the newly posted numbers. I am assuming you will be posting those?

In the other thread i posted that i will be posting graphs soon. This is alot of work. I will scan them and up load them in the next week or so. At any time feel free to purcahse every pipe most of the time at full price, then pay someone to do all the dyno runs and post all the graphs and info. I am doing my best to get it done. Again i want to find the BEST pipe to offer to MY customers. So the tests have to be as accurate as possible.

In another thread you posted that there was a CLEAR Winner: DASA

DASA
Peak HP - 46.3
Max Torque - 33.25

vs.

ESR pipe -
Peak HP - 46.15
Max Torque - 32.48

The above does not show me a "CLEAR" winner. Sure the Dasa is more by a bit, but by that much really doesnt mean it is that much better. I would like to see the graphs before I say more. If the DASA is coming on the bottom end 500 rpms sooner, then sure clear winner. I just want more info I guess.

Again i will post the graphs soon as i get time to scan them all. The Dasa is the clear winner in Peak HP and torque so far. I will lay the top 3 pipes all on the same graph once i test the n-motion and the barker. I am doing my best to get people the info fast and complete everything asap. I could just hold all the info till it is done, but people keep asking so i post it as i get it. This is alot of time, money and effort sorry i cannot get it all done fast enough. In another thread i saw you post you were to lazy to get dyno runs done? Well this is not the case for me i am on the go 24/7 to get this testing and everything else done. I know you want the n-motion to win. You have been pushing its HP with no facts ........ i could care less what pipe wins. What ever pipe wins ..... I will be selling BOTTOM LINE.

I am interested to see how the NMotion does for obvious reasons but also because their head and mid pipe look unique to all the others....

I am sure you are ........ as am i, but have you seen the Dasa head pipe? I dont think you have even ordered or seen the Dasa head and mid for the KFX? The n-motion head and mid is not really anything special?

Good job Fuel.

The real thanks goes to driver311 ....... he did all the dyno runs.[/b]
Take my questions however you want man, I am just trying to get the whole story.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You are ALLOWED to post where ever and whatever you want? I just want to keep the original thread clean so people can read the info on the pipes. That is why i posted *** PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD **** You know the whole story ...... not sure what you mean. I will say it again .....

1. Dasa has made the most Peak HP and Torque so far. You can take that info and use it or dont its up to you.

2. I did not do any of the dyno runs. I purchased all the pipes and sent them to a third party for testing.

3. I will be posting all of the dyno sheets as soon as possible. It may take alittle time for them to be posted. I am sure if you HAVE to see a graph before you buy a pipe then wait a few weeks and they will be posted for you to make a purchase.

4. I will post a graph with the top 3 pipes lyed all on the same graph.

5. Sometimes when things are typed on a screen they come across different then how they are ment to sound. I am not angry, defensive or upset about any questions anyone asks. I just want people to understand i am doing my best to get accurate info and share it with everyone. All of the pipes made more HP then stock. So take your pick. IMO the top 4 pipes ..... Sparks, HMF, ESR and Dasa are all great picks.

FUELATV

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
The whole story to me is the graph. The graphs tell you the true story behind each pipe. I have seen pipes on the YFZ make 1/2 HP more than others at peak. But when you look at the graph the other pipe made 2-3 hp more throughout the power band up to the peak HP where it was 1/2 hp lower. And I would rather have the pipe that has a broader power curve than the one that made more PEAK HP. Peak numbers can give false information, that is why I would like to see the graphs, thats all. I am not saying that is the case here. That is what I mean by the whole story.

I know you are going to post the graphs, and I thank you for that. I will reserve my judgement on which is the "clear" winner until I see them.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The whole story to me is the graph. The graphs tell you the true story behind each pipe. I have seen pipes on the YFZ make 1/2 HP more than others at peak. But when you look at the graph the other pipe made 2-3 hp more throughout the power band up to the peak HP where it was 1/2 hp lower. And I would rather have the pipe that has a broader power curve than the one that made more PEAK HP. Peak numbers can give false information, that is why I would like to see the graphs, thats all. I am not saying that is the case here. That is what I mean by the whole story.[/b]
I agree, but i can assure you this is not the case. The Dasa makes HP all the way up. The ESR does take a hit in the mid range.

I know you are going to post the graphs, and I thank you for that. I will reserve my judgement on which is the "clear" winner until I see them.[/b]
I appreciate the feedback. I will start posting the graphs next week. Once i run the Barker and n-motion pipe i will post a graph with the top 3 pipes on it.

FUELATV

·
Registered
153 Posts
Im not a Yosh fan but by numbers it seems like the yosh is the best if not in the top 3. The dasa that made the most was fuels custom version right? The 16in came in below esr and yosh. For me the Yosh numbers with most torque and only 102db and comes with the sparky to get it below 99db seems like a decent buy. I like the Dasa shorty but i dont think that will pass ama db regulations. Im still not sure that the Classic Dasa with the quite core will come in under 99db. I have called DASA but conflicting schedules have prevented an answer. Are you going to carry Yosh Fuel? I dont care what kinda pipe i get just as it looks good, 99db or under with the quite core or sparky, and makes the most power for the under 99db mark. Thats not being picky is it?

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The FUELATV 13" version with the quiet core in should be right at 99 or 100 db. The Classic 16" version will be under 100 ........ I will be DB testing the Classic 16" Dasa pipe and the FUELATV 13" version Dasa pipe with quiet cores installed this weekend. I wanted to run the test just like you are asking ..... What pipe makes the Most HP under 99 DB. I may do this in the future. I almost did it this time, but it seems a majority of the people are not concerned about the 99 DB limit at this time. Once you stick a baffle or quiet core in any of the pipes you will loose HP. I have seen other people do DB tests on the Dasa pipe with the quiet core in. Their tests show a 6 db drop. I will do this test myself and post the resualts.

FUELATV

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I will not be adding any more pipes. I will be running the N-motion and Barker pipes. Then thats it. If you or anyone else wants to buy a certain pipe and send it to me. Please let me know. The pipes are all very close in the shootout. I feel this is mainly because of the intake. The intake tube is VERY restrictive. I feel once the new intake is on the stepped pipes ,,,,, n-motion, sparks, dasa will REALLY shine. We will find out soon.

FUELATV

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just my 2 cents? Great job Fuel, nice of you to take the time & money to test all these pipes. Also nice touch on having a 3rd party do the testing also. I have seen Driver311's testing & posts...he is one of the most informed & thorough private party testers I have seen and he knows his chit.

It's too bad some people will choose to bash your results instead of using the information for their benefit like it was meant to be used. <_<

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just my 2 cents? Great job Fuel, nice of you to take the time & money to test all these pipes. Also nice touch on having a 3rd party do the testing also. I have seen Driver311's testing & posts...he is one of the most informed & thorough private party testers I have seen and he knows his chit.

It's too bad some people will choose to bash your results instead of using the information for their benefit like it was meant to be used. <_<[/b]

Agreed

Thanks Fuel

·
Registered
153 Posts
It is nice that i site sponsor or dealer is taking the time to investigate products and provide the customer with knowledge and the best product. Thanks fuel.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts