KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what he have so far. I will start posting the graphs next week, but here are some of the pipes HP and torque numbers. The stock pipe numbers are first so you have a base line. Stay tuned .... more to come.

Pro Circuit pipe -
Peak HP - 44.61
Max Torque - 31.52
104db at 3750 RPM
The Pro Circuit pipe has mounts for the stock head pipe heat shields, but it does not have mounts for the stock mid pipe heat shield. The Pro Circuit's can is riveted together making repacking alittle more time consuming.

Baldwin Racing pipe-
Peak HP - 44.93
Max Torque - 32.18
102db at 3750 RPM
This is a REALLY nice piece. Baldwin went the extra mile incorperating alot of nice features into their pipe. The pipe has machined fittings for the canister and mid pipe making intalling it and removing it very easy. The Baldwin pipe also has a Billet canister mount, Thick head pipe flange, both the head pipe and mid pipe stock heat shields will bolt on. To top it off the end cap unbolts for easy canister repacking.

HMF pipe -
Peak HP - 45.72
Max Torque - 32.80
105db at 3750 RPM
The HMF pipe is a multi spepped pipe. It does have a riveted canister this will make repacking the canister alittle more time consuming. This pipe does not have any heat shield mounts.

Sparks Racing pipe - BIG CORE version
Peak HP - 45.74
Max Torque - 32.62
107 at 3750 RPM
The sparks pipe does not have any mounts for a heat shield. Sparks did make the end cap unbolt for easy canister repacking.

ESR pipe -
Peak HP - 46.15
Max Torque - 32.48
106db at 3750 RPM
The ESR pipe is a multi stepped head pipe that comes ceramic coated and includes a very cool clamping billet canister mount. It does not have any heat shield mounts. This pipe's end cap does unbolt for easy canister repacking.

FUELATV

·
Registered
153 Posts
What did it dyno bone stock? (lid on, baffle in, no PCIII)[/b]
Check the dyno section

·
Registered
199 Posts
I did read all those threads in the dyno section. They same to vary though though, but averaging about 40 hp.

I wanted to know what FUEL dyno'd his at bone stock to get a good comparison on what the pipes do. You'd get the best comparison with FUEL's dyno since it's the same one he's checking the pipes with.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There will be alot more info once i post the dyno sheets. I should have them ready to start posting up next week.

FUELATV

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
There will be a lot more info once i post the dyno sheets. I should have them ready to start posting up next week.

FUELATV[/b]
Great work. Now you know I am not the only one thinking this but where is the info on the Dasa pipe?

Looking forward to the rest of the information.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
maybe the best for last? :lmao:[/b]
Based on how fuel has listed them on here so far, I am hoping for that, hoping the numbers just keep going up.

I am just excited to see the numbers and the results coming about, I am ready to loose my stock pipe and pick up some HP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanx for all the good info fuel!! are those hp numbers with the pcIII??? Also, im really lookin forward to seein the rest, im holdin off before buyin a pipe. you are still doing the nmotion right??? i might :guns:
if not.lol.the suspence is killin me!!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
hey fuel any updates on the hp and tq of any of the other pipes in the shootout yet. :shocker:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fuel, is there any truth to the rumour that the 5 remaining unshown pipes were a flop,and that a few of the builders like DASA are gone back to make another version for a retest?

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fuel, is there any truth to the rumour that the 5 remaining unshown pipes were a flop,and that a few of the builders like DASA are gone back to make another version for a retest?[/b]
No actually the Trinity, Motoworks, LRD, Yoshi and Dasa pipes all made great HP. I will post the resaults next week. I am still going to test the Barker pipe and the N-motion pipe, but for now we do have a VERY clear winner that will be tuff to beat.

FUELATV

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fuel, is there any truth to the rumour that the 5 remaining unshown pipes were a flop,and that a few of the builders like DASA are gone back to make another version for a retest?[/b]

Let me guess that DASA is fuels winner

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was not involved in any of the dyno runs. I sent all the pipes to a third party to avoid any problems. The Dasa pipe has made the most HP so far out of all the pipes we have run. I have 2 pipes left to test ...... the n-motion and the barker. I should have the barker pipe in 2 - 3 weeks. As soon as the barker arrives i will send the n-motion and the barker out to be tested. So if you are looking to buy a pipe now the Dasa is the way to go no doubt. It was pretty clear that the Dasa was going to make big HP. The Dasa pipe has alot of features designed into it to make HP. Dasa really does their homework when it comes to designing a pipe.

FUELATV

1 - 20 of 41 Posts