KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 that I just got done rebuilding and i have a fmf powerbomb header pipe, fci and hmf slip on, I’m trying to figure out this tuner that is on it. It’s a J.D. jetting tuner and when the bike is running both ends of the tuner are flashing, does anyone know what that means? I can get the bike running but when I go to let the clutch out it dies so didn’t know if that was the same problem or two separate ones. Any help is appreciated thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
There are 6 zones Green, Yellow & Red adjust Fuel..... Green/Blue, Yellow/Blue & Red/Blue adjust transitioning/RPM starting points style of cams you have...stock cams are default settings

The green Yellow & red setting you'll need to adjust & the Gr/BL, Y/BL & R/BL remain at it's default or stock settings...don't touch them unless you have upgraded cams...

The mode button changes the zones...+/- buttons of course changes value...

For your mods try green 4. Yellow 4 & red 3.....

Here's a video I found that might help you to make adjustments...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should also mention I have titanium valves and a high compression piston, would that matter?

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
Should also mention I have titanium valves and a high compression piston, would that matter?
Not really, Stock valves are titanium & a higher compression piston needs higher octane fuel...Only if the valves are oversized or the piston is a bigger bore..thus more displacement then "yes"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts