KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard of trick fuel damaging the ltr's. Anyone running it in their kfx450. I dunno if it has to do with the fuel injection or what but i would like to know becuase i have another bike that i have to run 110 octane in.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have heard of trick fuel damaging the ltr's. Anyone running it in their kfx450. I dunno if it has to do with the fuel injection or what but i would like to know becuase i have another bike that i have to run 110 octane in.[/b]
Isn't Trick Fuel a leaded gasoline.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes race gas or high octane...pretty much the only thing i have heard it called up here in the NW...however i did just see the thread in general discussion. Still would like to know exactly what was cuasing the problems in the LTR. I can't remember exactly if it was EFI or filter. I heard if from a friend quite a while ago.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This topic has been discussed into the ground on many different forums. Race gas will not hurt your bike, I dont care what anyone tells you. Leaded gas is good for your motor, its bad for the air and oxygen sensors. I run race gas and love it. But I need it because of high compression. If you have the money to spend on race gas then run it. Its good assurance that your are getting a nice clean burn, otherwise unless tuning on it, no power is to be had with just throwing it in. Pump gas will work just as good on stock compression bikes.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay as i stated earlier i did find the other thread after the fact. I didn't need to know why people run race gas, all i was simple asking for was what the problems the ltr (being fuel injected) had with running it, if any. I just wanted to know before i had any problems. I have one bike like you said with high comp that i have to run race gas in. I only have one fuel station and didnt want to go buy a whole bunch of gas cans just for the new bike. Thats all. But thank you for letting me know that its not good for the sensors, I didnt know that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Okay as i stated earlier i did find the other thread after the fact. I didn't need to know why people run race gas, all i was simple asking for was what the problems the ltr (being fuel injected) had with running it, if any. I just wanted to know before i had any problems. I have one bike like you said with high comp that i have to run race gas in. I only have one fuel station and didnt want to go buy a whole bunch of gas cans just for the new bike. Thats all. But thank you for letting me know that its not good for the sensors, I didnt know that.[/b]

The kfx does not have an o2 sensor so it is OK to run it!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will harm nothing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so you mean to tell me that my Exhuast inst going to have a o2 sensor in the catylic coverter...some beach.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts