KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got an 08 450 and the guy who sold it to me said he would send me the owners manual but never did, but I wanted to know if the engine oil also supply’s for the transmission, because I know the Honda’s have it in separate spots, also I would like to know what other service I should be giving my quad besides coolant and brake fluid

·
Super Moderator
9,971 Posts
Hey guys I just got an 08 450 and the guy who sold it to me said he would send me the owners manual but never did, but I wanted to know if the engine oil also supply’s for the transmission, because I know the Honda’s have it in separate spots, also I would like to know what other service I should be giving my quad besides coolant and brake fluid
Welcome to the Forum...!!

Here's the service manual to help you...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
If I was you I would use the Kawasaki oil. I used different oil one time when I was in a pinch I think it was the honda oil and after the first ride the oil was black. The Kawasaki oil I got 3 rides before I had to change it and it still wasn’t as dark as the honda oil I used one time. After I did some digging I found out Kawasaki has cleaning detergents in there oil that keeps it clean. Also for coolant I use blue ice keeps it running a lot cooler. I would bring it to a Kawasaki dealership and tell the you want to valves checked it’s only like $90 to $110 depending on where you are and for that they inspect it and adjust it back to Where it should be if need be

·
Registered
21 Posts
I doubt if Kawasaki oil is any better/worse than Honda oil or Amsoil or Yama-lube...I think you get where I'm going.

The only concern with what oil to use, is to make sure it's for a wet clutch application (as Dust Devil said previously) and I recommend using a thicker (higher viscosity) oil when racing or hotter climates.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I doubt if Kawasaki oil is any better/worse than Honda oil or Amsoil or Yama-lube...I think you get where I'm going.

The only concern with what oil to use, is to make sure it's for a wet clutch application (as Dust Devil said previously) and I recommend using a thicker (higher viscosity) oil when racing or hotter climates.
I’m just saying from my experience Kawasaki oil always stayed cleaner longer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts