1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
They make good chains guides/sliders. I would rather have this plastic anyway. Dont have to worry about any sort of rattling.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I like the way plastic slides better on rocks. I went with the gt thunder one. I have 3 races on it now, it's showing some wear, but at $25 a pop, not a big deal come replacement time.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. They say that it is indestructible material, and yes that does mean less vibration as well. I am strongly considering getting it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If TM makes its i bet its a quality piece, i use their chain guides and sliders.

bcheek1, what swingarm do you have on your bike? i would like to put a guide on mine, but as far as i know, they dont make one for stock swingarms. i am looking to get a lsr swingarm in time... but thats about $600... and they have the banshee mount on it.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
My roberts swing arm uses banshee style to.. Alot of aftermarket use the banshee style chain guide..

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I believe bcheek has the stock swinger

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Nice find... Nice skid.

Laegers was making one for a while too I think?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's good that other companies have had some like this in the past. That only means that one coming out so late, it's gonna be better, stronger, lighter, and fit better too. I'm buying one for the Kawi, and the Honda. Different colors, of course.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
If TM makes its i bet its a quality piece, i use their chain guides and sliders.

bcheek1, what swingarm do you have on your bike? i would like to put a guide on mine, but as far as i know, they dont make one for stock swingarms. i am looking to get a lsr swingarm in time... but thats about $600... and they have the banshee mount on it.
Six5design makes a chain guide for the stock kawi swinger. Thats what i use on mine.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have no experience with these skids but I have to say I believe Pro Armor sucks IMO. A lot of guys on here would agree their stuff has become crap. I have full skid and swing arm skid. My belly skid has hardly any hours on it and it still looks new but has 2 major cracks in it around the rear mount. I sent pics and everything and Pro Armor basically told me to go elsewhere. They're a joke

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
IMO aluminum chassis skids are not that great. They vibrate/rattle horribly and just get dented to hell when you hit stuff. The poly skids just slide over everything and they dont make any noise at all.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have no experience with these skids but I have to say I believe Pro Armor sucks IMO. A lot of guys on here would agree their stuff has become crap. I have full skid and swing arm skid. My belly skid has hardly any hours on it and it still looks new but has 2 major cracks in it around the rear mount. I sent pics and everything and Pro Armor basically told me to go elsewhere. They're a joke
Thanks for the input. Sounds like I found a pretty good skid!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Six5design makes a chain guide for the stock kawi swinger. Thats what i use on mine.
Kawie450r can you send me a link, maybe take some pics of it on IG? If I can get a chain guide for the stock, no real point in buying an aftermarket swinger. Thanks man!

·
Registered
750 Posts
There is a guy on ebay from Greenville Ohio that sells Aarm and chassis skid plates really cheap. All the guys I ride with including myself run them. They are actually really good quality. The guy who makes them is pshyco and should be commited but the skids are good stuff.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

I have stock swinger and i do have a tm chain guide

1 - 20 of 29 Posts