KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I installed the hotcams, I ran my FCI. Stock cams with the FCI ran fine. I broke in the hotcams by keeping a high idle for about 15mins until the motor bogged down, then the temp light went on. After I let off the throttle, the light went away then seemed to run fine. I then ride it lightly for 15 minutes and didn't have problems. Hotcams recommends 30 min break in on non synthetic oil, which I did. I changed the oil to full synthetics with a new filter. Went for a ride later and when I would pin the throttle, the same problem would come up. The motor would bog down, and the temp light would come on. It would go off then ride fine as long as I took it easy. One time of backfired pretty loud. So, does anyone know what the problem is? Is my air fuel mixture running wrong? Is it running too lean? It wouldn't backfire as I let off the throttle during the normal use. As long as I didn't pin it, the issue wouldn't arise. Can someone help?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Check for dfi codes as DD said but also make sure your fan is running maybe you really are too hot. A lean running engine runs very hot so pull your spark plug and check its color. If its lean check that the TPS is adjusted properly. What fuel controller are you using?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i put a new spark plug in & im using PIM2. i took it for a ride this morning and it ran ok. i checked for codes but nothing came up...

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Could you have pinched a wire while reassembling everything? It is strange you were having no problems until it was taken apart for the cams. Don't get me wrong it can happen but not often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.