KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I would go stage 3 if I did it again.

I still might throw in a Stage 3 exhaust in and keep the the stage 2 intake.

I doubt you notice any bottom end loss at all.

I wouldn’t count on it lowering the dynamic compression much

Stage 3 HC’s aren’t that big. Now custom web cams maybeeee

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Web cams is closed due to covid-19 . I checked first . I just ordered stage 3 hot cams.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
The exhaust compression release was the problem. It fired straight up on the stage 3 with a new cam mechanism. Tried many cams and wouldn't start... it was the compression release. Happier than a pig in shit. Gonna break in with 3 warm ups and then an oil and filter swap. Ride real easy for an hour or so and another oil and filter swap.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
What is the highest cranking amps that I can use?
I'm going to get a lithium ion and I need the strongest cca that I can use

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
I ask because it's harder to start now. Brand new exhaust compression spring. It needs to crank faster because it wont start on slow cranking.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
I feel like the clutch is slipping under heavy load.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I feel like the clutch is slipping under heavy load.

I’ve never heard of anyone having issues with the 240cca anti gravity battery.

it might be with all that extra power

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
That's good because I ordered one with 280cca, and I'm facing up a mounting system.

That's a brand new clutch too.

For real though with fresh packing I still had to put ear plugs in to ride it. It's way too loud!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
That's good because I ordered one with 280cca, and I'm facing up a mounting system.

That's a brand new clutch too.

For real though with fresh packing I still had to put ear plugs in to ride it. It's way too loud!

what brand clutch?

what exhaust? Dasa sells a packing kit with steel wool and screen to drop noise slightly and make packing last longer.
Spark arrestor in?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
It's a full dasa classic. And its freshly packed with the normal silencer packing... I've read about the steel wool... does it really make it any quieter?

I ordered a quiet core but I really dont want to use it.

It doesnt matter what gear I'm in or how fast I'm going it doesnt lug at all, it just takes off. Crazy torque but I haven't been above about 5000rpms yet so I haven't got to see the stage 3 shine but I bet its crazy.

And it's a tusk brand clutch assembly.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
It's a full dasa classic. And its freshly packed with the normal silencer packing... I've read about the steel wool... does it really make it any quieter?

I ordered a quiet core but I really dont want to use it.

It doesnt matter what gear I'm in or how fast I'm going it doesnt lug at all, it just takes off. Crazy torque but I haven't been above about 5000rpms yet so I haven't got to see the stage 3 shine but I bet its crazy.

And it's a tusk brand clutch assembly.

The spark arrestor and steel wool/screen insert should lower DB’s 2-3 together
Dasa is loud but that helps a little. The quiet cores suck. They absolutely kill your midrange!

Yea I had a feeling it was a cheaper aftermarket...order a Hinson ASAP. Before that tusk comes apart and clogs the oil screens.
Yea the pull from 5-10k should be really good

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
We are talking clutch plates and springs right? Not the basket... I can fix the basket I think.

I was looking through my rebuild pics and there are grooves in my clutch basket. I'd say that's got something to do with it.
Zoom in on the basket pic

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
We are talking clutch plates and springs right? Not the basket... I can fix the basket I think.

I was looking through my rebuild pics and there are grooves in my clutch basket. I'd say that's got something to do with it.
Zoom in on the basket pic

Someone had a billet basket on here for 100!

I would replace the basket.
and yea tusk clutch kits aren’t any good. Over the years I’ve seen guys use a lot of the cheaper kits and get 1-2 rides out of them

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
I'm not trying to take this engine apart many more times but I ordered the Hinson kit.

I'll look for the basket on here.

Can you think of anything else I should do or change while I have this motor apart.?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I'm not trying to take this engine apart many more times but I ordered the Hinson kit.

I'll look for the basket on here.

Can you think of anything else I should do or change while I have this motor apart.?

I realized the basket was on the Facebook group ops!

after the Hinson clutch and new basket I would go rideit!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
And why is it that every time I look for a part for the kfx its drastically more expensive the the same part is for a different model 450r?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
And why is it that every time I look for a part for the kfx its drastically more expensive the the same part is for a different model 450r?

I think a kx basket works if I remember correctly!

might want to google it and check.

the clutch cover is the same 06-15 for both.
I’m running a boyesen clutch cover that works for both

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Installed the Hinson clutches... installed a 280cca battery, lithium ion sitting at 14.1v... This bike wont start with the start button. It fires up on the first crank of coast starting every time. Brand new starter. Seems the starter just cant spin it fast enough. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Installed the Hinson clutches... installed a 280cca battery, lithium ion sitting at 14.1v... This bike wont start with the start button. It fires up on the first crank of coast starting every time. Brand new starter. Seems the starter just cant spin it fast enough. Is this normal?

Not normal.

gotta be a starter/one way clutch/connection issue

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Any idea what the amperage should be right after the 30amp main relay...while cranking? Or possibly at the starter?

161 - 180 of 180 Posts