KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Old thread, I know. But this just happened to me and I think I found a solution that is inexpensive, easy, fast, and permanent.

Needa Parts/Engine Oil Drain Plug (652056) | AutoZone.com

Take off the magnetic part because with it on, it will be too long. Puts some grease on it initially (as mentioned before to catch the shavings) and let this oversize half inch drain bolt cut some new threads.

Worked well for me!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Old thread, I know. But this just happened to me and I think I found a solution that is inexpensive, easy, fast, and permanent.

Take off the magnetic part because with it on, it will be too long. Puts some grease on it initially (as mentioned before to catch the shavings) and let this oversize half inch drain bolt cut some new threads.

Worked well for me!
this is for the tiny 8mm bolt on the bottom right? did this work for you? i think mine is about to go...

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I think most just re-thread for the next size on both holes.

That type of insert will NOT work on the big hole at all though. Oil drains through the side... there is a small hole in the threaded section of the hole.

·
Registered
261 Posts
so it looks like the previous owner stripped the small drain plug and i didn't find out until i loosened it.... now i can't even get it tight so my kfx is unrideable at this point. Will those time-serts work for the small (M6) drain plug? I don't have access to a welder either.

i talked to a shop over the phone and even he wasn't completely confident that it could be fixed. i'm really worried....

·
Registered
1 Posts

Worked well for me!
Will this work for a 2009?

·
Super Moderator
9,617 Posts
Will this work for a 2009?
Yes it will. & Autozone sells it for $4.99
note it's a replacement drain plug for stripped 1/2" or M12 threads...!!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts