KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

SMC/Motowoz

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  speeddemon619 
#1 ·
Hey guys as promised I got some new pics of my smc/motowoz long travel front end. It looks and handles awesome. It handled amazingly well for the shocks being built on saturday and taken to the track on sunday with only one click of compression being the only change for now. The only problem is that it made me realize how horrible the rear shock is now. Well here are the pics for now.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #5 ·
You've got a nice looking quad now pudamac12. Love that front end with the Motowoz shocks. Also are those Rath nerf bars on there? I've been looking at those for my machine :)

Again congrats on a great looking race machine!

Edit: Hey, is that front end totally built by Motowoz? With those a-arms, do they have skid plats to protect them. I would need full a-arm skids for desert racing if I made the upgrade.[/b]
The a arms are actually made by SMC fabrications out of Michigan. If you needed he could put on some skid plate mounts or make some directly on there if need be. If you are interested in the setup give him a call at 989-305-0983. He could have them to you rather quickly if you need them.

and yes the nerfs are rath nerfs. They fit awesome and everything lined up really well. All I can say is this setup handles amazingly well.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
How much wheel travel did you end up with and what length of shocks?
FUELATV[/b]
I know we used a 18.5" shock but don't remember the wheel travel numbers. Jim at motowoz did all those figures and was very impressed with what it ended up when he told me it was done. I will get ahold of him and let you all know.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
I'm sure its in his best interest to keep all of his shocks looking the same and also for cost reasons, getting the springs and parts anodized and powdercoating a single color makes a big difference on cost.

I love the way those shocks look, I hope to have mine soon!!![/b]

you hit the nail on the head. If you really want you could take your springs off your self and have them powder coated. It is not hard to do and I could talk you through reassembly pretty easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.