KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my machine for a little while now, and have already installed the big 3, along with the Dynatek coil. It runs great, but my brother just bought a yfz and I want to make sure I can run with him or beat him in some drag races. We haven't raced them yet because he just bought it, I have a feeling it's going to be a competition to have a bit more power than the other guy here. At the moment I'm running a Lexx fuel controller. Its been great. I'm just wondering if I would gain any performance buy getting a Procom? Are the preset maps pretty good for typical kfx mods? I went with the Lexx originally for the simplicity, but now that I know more about this stuff, the procom actually should be even simpler, at least with the installation. Fyi I dont even own a computer other than my phone, so if that is required then the procom is a no go for me.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
So I've had my machine for a little while now, and have already installed the big 3, along with the Dynatek coil. It runs great, but my brother just bought a yfz and I want to make sure I can run with him or beat him in some drag races. We haven't raced them yet because he just bought it, I have a feeling it's going to be a competition to have a bit more power than the other guy here. At the moment I'm running a Lexx fuel controller. Its been great. I'm just wondering if I would gain any performance buy getting a Procom? Are the preset maps pretty good for typical kfx mods? I went with the Lexx originally for the simplicity, but now that I know more about this stuff, the procom actually should be even simpler, at least with the installation. Fyi I dont even own a computer other than my phone, so if that is required then the procom is a no go for me.
Your next step should be a power commander unit

they have more support and maps available.
The FC unit doesn’t require splicing into the tps wire

·
Registered
80 Posts
Procom only works with Windows XP PCs and will work poorly/rarely with Windows 7.

Power Commander is not only better, its software is muuuuuch better and it's easier to work with.

I'd stick with what you have and buy an FCI intake. It's arguably the best upgrade without opening up the engine. Be ready to crank your fuel way up on the controller across the whole rev!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Procom only works with Windows XP PCs and will work poorly/rarely with Windows 7.

Power Commander is not only better, its software is muuuuuch better and it's easier to work with.

I'd stick with what you have and buy an FCI intake. It's arguably the best upgrade without opening up the engine. Be ready to crank your fuel way up on the controller across the whole rev!!!

Thanks, yeah I installed the 3 button controller at the same time as the Fci. It made a huge difference, as well as the 15t sprocket. I'm thinking ill just keep what I have for now. Its running great, and dont want to mess with a computer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts