KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
I have no idea. Would my pipe needing repacked be causing the symptoms I’m having? Also would it hurt for me to take the Yoshi pipe off and ride it for a few minutes to see if that helps any?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I bought a fuel pressure tester. Can you tell me how to use it. I didn’t get instructions with it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
So I’m going to change the head gasket, my brother said that could be the problem. I am going to go as cheap as possible then if it fixes my problem I will buy a regular Kawasaki head gasket for it. Will the one pictured below work? It says it fits a 2012 kfx450R
C87E43EF-8388-4917-A9FB-21F3CC315E33.png

·
Super Moderator
9,860 Posts
I bought a fuel pressure tester. Can you tell me how to use it. I didn’t get instructions with it.
Using the T-joint in the kit & short rubber fuel line & connect the gauge, fuel pump & fuel injector hose..start it and measure the PSI as you throttle up from Idle to full throttle look for any drop in pressure...fuel pump start failing around 10,000 RPM a get worse from there

·
Super Moderator
9,860 Posts
So I’m going to change the head gasket, my brother said that could be the problem. I am going to go as cheap as possible then if it fixes my problem I will buy a regular Kawasaki head gasket for it. Will the one pictured below work? It says it fits a 2012 kfx450R View attachment 28401
Yes...!!!...all years 2008~2014 will work with the KFX

Don't over torque the head bolts...Buy new & replace the 4 copper plated head bolt washer

(service manual)
•Replace all the 10 mm cylinder head bolt washers with
new ones.
○The 10 mm cylinder head bolt washers are copper-plated,
and they could leak oil if reused. •Apply molybdenum disulfide oil to the both sides [A] of the
10 mm cylinder head bolt washer and thread of the 10
mm cylinder head bolts.

Torque -
Cylinder Head Bolts (M10): 44 ft·lb)

Cylinder Head Bolts (M6) 106 in·lb)

·
Super Moderator
9,860 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Ok thanks. I am trying to get a hold of someone to work on it for me. He is a buddy of a guy that lives up the road from me. He said he will look at it and fix it for me. He said he will only charge me for the parts unless he has them there, then he will not even charge me for anything.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Well looks like it is back to the drawing board for me. The guy ended up in jail this morning. Could it be a stator problem? If so, is it hard to check? And what do I need?

·
Super Moderator
9,860 Posts
Well looks like it is back to the drawing board for me. The guy ended up in jail this morning. Could it be a stator problem? If so, is it hard to check? And what do I need?
You need to do a compression test...65~75 psi @ starter speed normal

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Ok. So I finally got to take the quad to someone who knows about the kfx more than me. He said It most likely needs a new head gasket and a wiring harness. Will any other quad wiring harness fit this?, or are there any cheaper than $290?

·
Super Moderator
9,860 Posts
Ok. So I finally got to take the quad to someone who knows about the kfx more than me. He said It most likely needs a new head gasket and a wiring harness. Will any other quad wiring harness fit this?, or are there any cheaper than $290?
Sorry No,,only the KFX450 harness will work unless..Check ebay for a good used harness...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I checked eBay. I couldn’t find any. I’m going to see if a guy up the road from me has one that he will sell me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I’m just going to replace the injector also. Since I’m low on cash(stupid virus) do you know if this injector is any good? It appears to be the same part number. If not do you know where I can get a cheaper one than $108 at eBay?
Thanks
9ACBDD3F-C8FC-4274-9D3E-B0B25F1DA7AA.png

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
The person did a test. He said it was junk. He said it’s only getting a tiny bit of gas. So he did a test and said I need a new one. So I figured I would ask. It says the part number is 49033-0010. Can I use 49033-0011?

·
Super Moderator
9,860 Posts
A fuel pressure test ..Tests the fuel pump 43 psi standard (not the fuel injector nozzle)..!!! New High Performance Fuel Pump for Kawasaki KFX450R (KSF450) 2008-2014 | eBay

To Test the fuel injector nozzle, You pull it out, aim it at some card board, hit the starter button & see if it's mist fuel or dribbles fuel...But can only be done with a proper fuel pressure of 43 psi...

A compression test...Tests the cylinder/piston compression ...!!! 65~75 psi standard

Do a piston compression test...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

81 - 100 of 100 Posts