KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,860 Posts
The F.I light video, it's working properly, comes ON for 3-seconds than OFF as the fuel pump primes...

The second video won't run right...It sounds like it's running rich & bogging down...Again it could be a bad water temp sensor...When they start to go bad it causing the Air/fuel ratio to run rich..

Here's a thread. A/F keeps going rich

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The F.I light video, it's working properly, comes ON for 3-seconds than OFF as the fuel pump primes...

The second video won't run right...It sounds like it's running rich & bogging down...Again it could be a bad water temp sensor...When they start to go bad it causing the Air/fuel ratio to run rich..

I will just buy a new water temp sensor. I will have it off mays well replace it.
Also did you hear the klinging noise in the second video? If so, what could that be?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

What are the chances of it being the fuel injector?

·
Super Moderator
9,860 Posts
What are the chances of it being the fuel injector?
It's possible the injector's internal spring wears out & doesn't open/close properly causing improper fuel measuring ... ! (like a broken valve spring)

If the problem continues with a new water temp, than another to check is the TPS...you'll need to do a slow test from Idle to full throttle to look for any blank/no voltage screens on the voltage meter between 0.62v to 4.1v Idle/wot...The internal resistor claws in the TPS can wear out...see pic

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
One more thing. Like I said I knowabsolutely nothing about fuel injected quads. Do all kfx450Rs have an ecu? What is it? And could that also be a problem?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
The ECU is electronic command unit..It's a computer that controls the Digital Fuel Injection..

Yes... all KFX450s have an ECU...
Could that cause my problem? I’m planned on taking it to a shop just wanted to try a few more things first.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

Where is the water temp sensor? Is it this thing? The white or silver plug back there.
4A7B045B-E7FE-48E3-A0AE-B541D387F3FC.jpeg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Thanks I just bought the cheaper one you showed. If that’s what it is then I’ll buy the Kawasaki one.
also, we’re you able to hear the clinging noise in the video? If so,what do you think that could be? Kinda sounds like the timing chain sound like my Polaris outlaw I had.

·
Super Moderator
9,860 Posts
I heard it briefly...I thought it was the chain slapping the swing arm or if you have an aluminum belly skid plate they're known to make clinging noises vibrating against the frame...

With the motor running does it make the clinging noise when sitting still in neutral or only when moving in gear...??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
It also makes the noise in neutral when I give it gas. But when it’s idle it isn’t as bad.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
My water temp sensor will be here later today. So do I just unplug the old one and plug the new one in?, or are there other things I have to do first?
Also my TPS adapter will be here today also, do I just connect it and the meter?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,860 Posts
My water temp sensor will be here later today. So do I just unplug the old one and plug the new one in?, or are there other things I have to do first?
Also my TPS adapter will be here today also, do I just connect it and the meter?
thanks
Yes to both...Just remove the old WTS & install the new WTS you shouldn't lose any coolant in the process..

Also you'll need to track down that noise your hearing it could be the problem causing your symptoms...!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I put the new water temp sensor in and set the TPS. Still runs like crap. I took the spark plug out to check it and it no longer makes the clinging noise. So I guess the next thing is the fuel injector?

61 - 80 of 100 Posts