KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,764 Posts
Is it possible my programmer is junk? The first light will not let me adjust it. It just stays on 1 til I give it gas then it goes to 8. The other lights will let me adjust them though.
Yes it's probably bad if it doesn't adjust...!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes it's probably bad if it doesn't adjust...!!!
It just hit me. I thought maybe the first/green light was just locked so there was no way to change it,but the others change when I change them. Now I feel like a moron. Guess I will have to buy a new one when I get the money. I can switch it out to the same one right? I feel dumb just for asking that. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I’m not good at this kind of stuff. Which picture is the tps? And do I just put the tester to it?
51EC8B63-1877-4596-9C63-97144168F2D6.jpeg
2F86DE46-19D6-48CC-B755-D7CE3C1CEC23.jpeg

·
Registered
49 Posts
The TPS sensor is on the throttle body right behind the frame . You need to ditch that programmer . You really don’t need it unless you have an aftermarket Intake.

·
Super Moderator
9,764 Posts
With or without the Lexx programmer hooked up it's going to back fire & cut-out due to an extreme lean fuel mixture from the upgraded intake...!!!

All the 3 button fuel controller are the same to program & will work as long it's for the designed for the KFX450... Lexx is a cheaper price & wiseco is a better quality like here Wiseco Fuel Management Controller #FMC011 Kawasaki KFX450R 2008-2011/2013 | eBay

yes that's the TPS..try & place the meter leads into the back of the connector...red + to TPS + yellow wire, black - to TPS - brown wire, loosen the torx 40 screw, turn the key ON, rotate the TPS to the desired setting...easier with the sensor adapter part# 57001-1538 or here... Kawasaki 57001-1538 - SENSOR ADAPTER | eBay
Output Voltage at Sensor
Standard: DC 0.58 ∼ 0.62 V (at idle throttle opening)
DC 3.7 ∼ 4.1 V (at full throttle opening)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,764 Posts
Heres the best pictures I could get View attachment 28332 View attachment 28333 View attachment 28334 View attachment 28335 the best pictures I could get.
That's a stock intake system...You Don't need the Lexx fuel controller, go ahead & disconnect...you should replace the air filter being ripped & dirt can get through & damage the piston rings & cylinder wall...

The focus is now checking the TPS voltage & fuel pressure...

Fuel pressure is to be 43 psi...if lower, Clean/replace the fuel strainer inside the fuel pump... This thread will help you How to clean fuel pump

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
That's a stock intake system...You Don't need the Lexx fuel controller, go ahead & disconnect...you should replace the air filter being ripped & dirt can get through & damage the piston rings & cylinder wall...

The focus is now checking the TPS voltage & fuel pressure...

Fuel pressure is to be 43 psi...if lower, Clean/replace the fuel strainer inside the fuel pump... This thread will help you How to clean fuel pump
Is there a way to check fuel pressure without a gauge? I thought I read you can take the hose under the gas tank and see how many ounces of fuel you get in a certain amount of time?

·
Super Moderator
9,764 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
No you need an accurate fuel pressure tester to measure while the motor is running to throttle up to see if/where the pressure drops... tester like this .. High Quality Fuel Injection Gauge Pressure Tester Test Car System Pump Tool Kit | eBay
Is it weird that I added a little Seafoam to my gas and it ran a little better? I was afraid of adding to much. I only put maybe an ounce in it,but I could tell a little difference. Should I maybe add more? If so,how much?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I may sound like an idiot here, but what do people mean when they say the plug wire and cap aren’t in good contact?

21 - 40 of 59 Posts