KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some skat trak 7 paddle haulers 22x11x10 on 10x8 wheels. I went with the 22's hoping that will make up a little with the low gearing. I'll be taking it out this weekend so we will se how they do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Those are good paddles. They be a little much for a stock bike. But who keeps there bike stock? They throw a nice roost also. And they will slide ok, you just have to work a little harder.

·
Registered
469 Posts
yah, the straight paddles are harder to slide and whatnot but alot better for keeping your power and doin it in a good fast manner, thats what i think is correct

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just bought some skat trak 7 paddle haulers 22x11x10 on 10x8 wheels. I went with the 22's hoping that will make up a little with the low gearing. I'll be taking it out this weekend so we will se how they do.[/b]

Good idea going with the larger tires because of the low gearing. Let us know how you like them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'd like to now how the power is with the bigger tires.

Has anyone tried Padla Brats by Sand Tires Unlimited? I heard they're supposed to make a huge difference when drag racing.

One of the guys at the local performance shop was telling me that the Brats are a newer tire and they're outperforming the Skat Tracs.

I'm running 8 paddle haulers on my Raptor. I love them! I should have tried a 7 or 6 paddle though. Because the Raptor revs slower, it just hooks up and I don't get much wheel spin. A seven paddle tire on the KFX should work really well!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Brats are a great tire but really drag racing only due to very light weight because of 2 plys and i want to say they can have issues sealing a bead, or ive heard. Only really suggested for drag racing... And the fact they are around 150 a peice i think makes them a difficult thing to swallow

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 6 cup Comp cut Brats on my modded LTR. They are REALLY light. And I run 8psi in them and they slide just fine.I'm only 180lbs. They do leak, mine only hold air for about 4days. One set that a friend had was leaking out the side wall :blink: .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts