KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 kfx 450r that just recently started running very badly. It started when I took it to a riding place that turned out to be extremely muddy and coated the quad brown. While I was there it started to be hard to start, and bogged down when I gave it throttle every once in awhile. Since then I've ridden it about 2 more times and it has progressively gotten worse. Here are all the symptoms: Sputters at full throttle, Pipe glows hot red, backfires flames out of exhaust, very hard to start, and it wont idle. I've checked the air box for water and there is none. Please help!

Engine Mods: Stage 2 hot cams, Fuel Customs Intake, FMF Factory 4.1 exhaust, Power Commander 5 with autotune.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Are you running the pcv that taps into the tps? Those are known to create problems.. If that connection breaks your running a stock map(lean) and also that wire going to tps maybe broke...

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
Does the F.i dash light remain on or flashing when starting...!!

Did you get the 30 amp fuse/starter solenoid or the relays wet..?

Check the battery's voltage idling & 4500 RPMs +.. 13.5~14.5 DCV...

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Yeah, I am wondering about the dash light also.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
sounds like a clogged fuel filter to me.
I would check everything they said first then try the filter. can find them on ebay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the map i have came off of this site which i already dealed with after i put in the cams.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
No the map i have came off of this site which i already dealed with after i put in the cams.

I was referring to the wire that leads off the pcv and taps into the tps.. Those red wire taps they come with are junk.. It would run lean if that was the case. Jus somethin to look at.. The newer style pcv doesnt have that wire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill check all those things. Does make sense that it could be in a possible "limp" mode on the stock tune. Also will check the f.i light

1 - 12 of 12 Posts