KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a friend of mine was saying that if I didn't like the Suzuki LTR450, I shouldn't get a Kawasaki b/c all of Kawasaki's ATV engines are made by Suzuki. This is the first I've heard of this......Is it true?

Sean

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Suzuki doesn't build engines for kawasaki. Suzuki shared a few quads with them, Kawi shared a few bikes with them.. a few years ago, that's about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Suzuki doesn't build engines for kawasaki. Suzuki shared a few quads with them, Kawi shared a few bikes with them.. a few years ago, that's about it.[/b]

Okay....thanks for the info. I didn't think that was the case with the KFX450R due to the bore and stroke and cc's being different from the printed specs between bikes.

Good to know for sure though.

Sean

·
Registered
84 Posts
So a friend of mine was saying that if I didn't like the Suzuki LTR450, I shouldn't get a Kawasaki b/c all of Kawasaki's ATV engines are made by Suzuki. This is the first I've heard of this......Is it true?

Sean[/b]
He's probably thinking of the KFX400. The KFX450 is pure Kawasaki.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well 50% truth 50% not the kfx 400 is 99% pure SUZUKI...theres only the front black cover where the light that is made By kawie and i'm not sure about it and the dvx too is suzuki made..theres only the fender that change BUT the kfx 450 is PURE KAWASAKI and i trust everything ABOUT a single part on the frame...the lower a arm mount...i don't trust these little thing...as youve seen, there only 2 bolt than link the lower a-arm...and if you broke it... :blink: :shocker: don't like to think about this idea

·
Registered
443 Posts
If you are speaking english, which I believe it was an attemp lol, and are saying that you dont like the lower a-arm mount on the KFX450, then I 100% disagree. My Houser Pro-Series bolted right up no problem and I think the design is a sturdy one... I have yet to hear of a single problem with them breaking. think of how thin the tabs that are all that hold the other a-arms designs on. I have seen THEM break before

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Everyone has been basically right here. Yes, they were partnered back in the day, but that agreement ended going into the 07 model year (I believe). The KFX400, LTZ400, and DVX400 were all identical quads as was said w/the exception of the plastics (two extra holes and hood on Kawi [different colors too] and completely different removable fender flaires on DVX). Most don't realize that until a couple years ago Suzuki made Artic Cat's engines on almost all of their quads. The KFX450r is pure Kawasaki. And the a-arm mounts when coupled w/aircraft grade bolts are much stronger than any "flange" a-arms mounts as seen on every other quad out there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been riding my new (bought it used with 10,000 miles) 2003 Bandit 1200 for about 800 miles now. It runs great, but at idle, the engine makes a hissing noise every 10 seconds or so. I can not describe it well, but it sounds like a LOUD and quick "SHHHHH". It sounds like air rushing out of something. I have no idea if this is a new issue, or an old one. Any ideas?
Thanks!
K&N air filter
Dynajet kit 145 front/148 rear
HMF Exhaust
Suzuki Motorcycle Parts

2" air intake snorkel
1 1/2" CVT intake & 1 1/2" CVT output snorkels
Ben-Made radiator relocation to front rack
Suzuki Samurai electric radiator fan
Dynatek Ignition Plug-in module

1 - 11 of 11 Posts