KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i snapped my grab bar off a while back... infamous wheelie that went too far back. OH WHO HASNT DONE IT! anyways, bent it, then after jumping the bike (go figure), it snapped off. no big deal, makeshift grab bar addition to hold my flag for Glamis successful. well, the rear brake light ends up snapping off too! darn it! so, i figured since its gonna start getting hot here in AZ, and the kawasaki already runs hotter than hell itself, im just gonna park it until i get a new grab bar and tail light... so with that being said, i have been looking at the pro armor pro race grab bar ( $83.99 rmatv.com), but i wonder if it is going to have the mount for the tail light. does anyone have this grab bar? also, i have looked for a tail light, and rmatv.com has a tail light assembly for $94.59. does anyone have an extra laying around that is in good condition that would like to sell to me?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i snapped my grab bar off a while back... infamous wheelie that went too far back. OH WHO HASNT DONE IT! anyways, bent it, then after jumping the bike (go figure), it snapped off. no big deal, makeshift grab bar addition to hold my flag for Glamis successful. well, the rear brake light ends up snapping off too! darn it! so, i figured since its gonna start getting hot here in AZ, and the kawasaki already runs hotter than hell itself, im just gonna park it until i get a new grab bar and tail light... so with that being said, i have been looking at the pro armor pro race grab bar ( $83.99 rmatv.com), but i wonder if it is going to have the mount for the tail light. does anyone have this grab bar? also, i have looked for a tail light, and rmatv.com has a tail light assembly for $94.59. does anyone have an extra laying around that is in good condition that would like to sell to me?
I run one of those grab bars. Yes it has the mounts on it. It sticks out further too. Helps protect the pipe and light. It is also nice to have the extra hand holds when moving the rear end around.

As for the tail light. Just get the (08) zx-10 tail light on ebay. $60. Ive heard that it bolts right up. Can get it in other colors too. I've been thinking about getting a smoke tinted one for a while now.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run one of those grab bars. Yes it has the mounts on it. It sticks out further too. Helps protect the pipe and light. It is also nice to have the extra hand holds when moving the rear end around.

As for the tail light. Just get the (08) zx-10 tail light on ebay. $60. Ive heard that it bolts right up. Can get it in other colors too. I've been thinking about getting a smoke tinted one for a while now.

Awesome thanks for the input on that Dhall79! I will check it out tonight. That's good news about protecting the pipe too because I would appreciate the extra clearance. It would be nice to move the bike around when I'm loading it up on the trailer too. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Here's a picture of my DG Grab bar. The light mounts up with now problem and like dhall79 said about the pro armor one, the DG protects the pipe and sticks out a little futher too.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
I wil confirm on the zx10 tail light I actually have one brand new I took it off my bike when I bought it and bought a new one so if it it's I'll sell into ya if interested 50 shipped!ill Let ya no when I get oem if it lines up and works!

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Ok the 2 outer mounting holes line up there isn't a spot for the 3rd middle hole the plug looks to be the same!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok the 2 outer mounting holes line up there isn't a spot for the 3rd middle hole the plug looks to be the same!

what year off the ninja will i need to be looking at? i see on ebay they have them for $20. can you put some pics on here so i can see what you are talking about on the 3 holes... i didnt understand that one out too well. thanks.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so.... uuhhhh.... i got trigger happy and ordered a 2004 zx10r smoke l.e.d. tail light. $26 with free shipping so i couldnt go wrong with that! so, thanks for the input guys, now to wait until i can scramble up some money for a grab bar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts