KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased an aftermarket rear brake master cylinder (left in picture) because my factory one (right in picture) started leaking. Once I got the new one in as you can see it doesn’t seem to be sealed like the factory on on the bottom of the plunger. For the life of me I cannot get that boot to stay on that nuts lip. I can get the boot up on it and get it 100% sealed but as soon as I put pressure on it (as if I was braking) it just comes right back off. Any ideas or has anyone had this problem before? IMG_1408.jpg IMG_1409.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,608 Posts
So I purchased an aftermarket rear brake master cylinder (left in picture) because my factory one (right in picture) started leaking. Once I got the new one in as you can see it doesn’t seem to be sealed like the factory on on the bottom of the plunger. For the life of me I cannot get that boot to stay on that nuts lip. I can get the boot up on it and get it 100% sealed but as soon as I put pressure on it (as if I was braking) it just comes right back off. Any ideas or has anyone had this problem before? View attachment 24136 View attachment 24138

Can you zip tie or wire tie around the boot to keep it in place...???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I purchased an aftermarket rear brake master cylinder (left in picture) because my factory one (right in picture) started leaking. Once I got the new one in as you can see it doesn’t seem to be sealed like the factory on on the bottom of the plunger. For the life of me I cannot get that boot to stay on that nuts lip. I can get the boot up on it and get it 100% sealed but as soon as I put pressure on it (as if I was braking) it just comes right back off. Any ideas or has anyone had this problem before? View attachment 24136 View attachment 24138

Can you zip tie or wire tie around the boot to keep it in place...???

I ended up just using a mixture of silicone and super glue. Seems to be okay but we’ll see how it holds up against brake fluid, mud and anything else when we get on the trails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts