KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be dyno testing the KFX450 Next week. I will dyno it stock to get the best BONE stock HP number. I will then have these runs.

BONE stock
Air box lid off
Baffle/Sparky out
Baffle/Sparky out and Air box lid off with a Power Commander

FUELATV

·
Registered
39 Posts
I will be dyno testing the KFX450 Next week. I will dyno it stock to get the best BONE stock HP number. I will then have these runs.

BONE stock
Air box lid off
Baffle/Sparky out
Baffle/Sparky out and Air box lid off with a Power Commander
FUELATV[/b]
Thanks again for the first LTR numbers you provided about a year ago. Looks like you might be providing the first KFX numbers now. Gee, what are you going to be dynoing next year at this time? Maybe the new KTM? Anyway, how about throwing a newer stock YFZ or LTR on the dyno at the same time so we can get a good comparison on how the new green machine compares to its main competitors? Not expecting much of a difference but you never know. Your the man!

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ..... i try my best to get and share all the info i can. I have stock LTR450 number from the same dyno. So we will have very good side by side runs for the LTR and KFX. I know they wont be on the same day, but they will be off the same dyno and under the same conditions. I theink BONE stock vs. BONE stock the KFX will beat the LTR. Now the KFX will not touch the LTr with baffle out, lid off and a cherry bomb. I will have a power commander for the KFX too so we can see what it will do with the lid off, Power commander and baffle out.

FUELATV

·
Registered
160 Posts
Who sells a power commander for the KFX? Fill me in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fuel just wondering when you are going to get some number from the dyno posted. can't wait to see the power increase when these can finally breathe a little bit.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will have my bike back from TCS on monday. So then its off the Dasa for the tests and pipe fabrication. I would say by next sunday i will have a dyno graph with all the good info.

FUELATV

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will have my bike back from TCS on monday. So then its off the Dasa for the tests and pipe fabrication. I would say by next sunday i will have a dyno graph with all the good info.
FUELATV[/b]

hey fuel i saw ur bike today!! it looks sweet u got tcs long travel???

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey ..... were you at TCS? My bike is there and they are getting all the info for their revalves. I will have TCS long Travel shocks and my a-arms on it in a few weeks.

FUELATV

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey ..... were you at TCS? My bike is there and they are getting all the info for their revalves. I will have TCS long Travel shocks and my a-arms on it in a few weeks.
FUELATV[/b]
yes i was there dropping off my shocks for my ltr. kawi looks nice they had the long travels on there already and it looked nice!!!

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the ESR pipe on saturday. So i now have a Pro circuit and a ESR pipe to test. Now i just need to get my bike back so i can get some tests done. We are working on the a-arms. Dasa is working on the pipe now. So as soon as the a-arms are done i will get some numbers.

FUELATV

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey Fuel, can you also measure sound levels too? I know that I am looking for a quite core pipe (<96db) for racing requirements.

"Using the SAE J1287, the sound level is measured 20 inches from the exhaust outlet, with the sensor held parallel to the ground and at a 45-degree angle to the exhaust centerline ~3200RPM."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts