KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just finished rebuilding my kfx and plan in racing soon, it’s almost completely stock except for some alba accessories and itp rims and tires, I would like to know if there is anything else I should do to get my quad ready for the track.
I appreciate any info you guys may have!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Hi guys, I just finished rebuilding my kfx and plan in racing soon, it’s almost completely stock except for some alba accessories and itp rims and tires, I would like to know if there is anything else I should do to get my quad ready for the track.
I appreciate any info you guys may have!
A steering stabilizer will benefit any racer on a rough track. New shocks dialed in for your application will also help along with the big three (exhaust, fci, controller).

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Your usually limited to 99db for racing

I’d opt for dasa’s 16” can 99db system.

Fuel customs Intake

Wider a arms, wider axle, tires, wheels, stabilizer, shocks

Is there any specific brand of muffler i should get, i was thinking an hmf competition series with a hmf tuner as well.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
The 99db version isn't spark arrestor compatible and has a smaller inner core. I'd avoid that and get a normal length DASA over the shorty if worried about decibels.
I don’t even see the quieter one offered anymore anyways.

It’s been awhile since I looked and it appears to be gone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The HMF is a nice woods pipe that offers good low-mid range. The Competition Series comes with three inserts to make it track or trail friendly. Don't skip on the FCI.
are there any models that come WITH a tuner so i would only need an FCI or will i just need to buy a tuner and FCI seperate

1 - 13 of 13 Posts