KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a new 08 kfx450 soon. I want to mod it but this will be my first time owning my own quad and doing mods. Always ridden my brothers spare 400ex. 95% of my ridding is on the Oregon dunes. I want it to be a do everything dunes quad. My question is what mods should i look for and how much am i going to have to spend?

Thanks for the help and putting up with this newb! but we all have to start somewhere.

Rob

·
Registered
588 Posts
I am going to buy a new 08 kfx450 soon. I want to mod it but this will be my first time owning my own quad and doing mods. Always ridden my brothers spare 400ex. 95% of my ridding is on the Oregon dunes. I want it to be a do everything dunes quad. My question is what mods should i look for and how much am i going to have to spend?

Thanks for the help and putting up with this newb! but we all have to start somewhere.
Rob[/b]

For power the top three will be Pipe, Fuel Controller and remove Airbox Lid. Your looking at about $800 - $1000. If you need more handling you can have your shocks re-valved for around $300 or new shocks will run you about $1800. The sponsors on here run deals for members on anything you need.

-Bill

BTW, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
469 Posts
welcome to the site first off. Secondly, it really depends on what ur budget will allow and how much your willing to spend. You could go for a slip on pipe and save yourself smoe money, but i pc3 is a very very key item to making good horsepower, well not nesecaraly pc3 but an efi controler of some sort. Any more questions feel free to post and ask, but please search first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I'll rephrase a little. What are the key mods i should start with. I plan to add more as i learn more about the quad and riding. But i have roughly 50 hours of experiance riding so im new to it. I fell in love with quads and the dunes and have to get my own ride. I ride with my brother and he has a new raptor. I know he will beet me on the flats but i want to make him look slow everywhere else! But like you said ill do more searching. Im just beginning my research on what i need and how much ill need to spend. I hope to buy my quad by the fist of july if my credit will let me.

Again thanks for the responces and the welcome!

Rob

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I'll rephrase a little. What are the key mods i should start with. I plan to add more as i learn more about the quad and riding. But i have roughly 50 hours of experiance riding so im new to it. I fell in love with quads and the dunes and have to get my own ride. I ride with my brother and he has a new raptor. I know he will beet me on the flats but i want to make him look slow everywhere else! But like you said ill do more searching. Im just beginning my research on what i need and how much ill need to spend. I hope to buy my quad by the fist of july if my credit will let me.

Again thanks for the responces and the welcome!
Rob[/b]
Pipe, Fuel Controller and remove the Airbox lid.

·
Registered
71 Posts
1st mod. extra wheels with paddles. If you are 90% riding the dunes tires will be the first thing to change adding power won't help if you're not getting it to hook up.

After that everyone else is leading you the right direction.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Get a Power Commander then pull off the air box lid. This will give you a power fix for now. Then later you can add a pipe. If you want to make it handle better go with new shocks. Revalving the stock ones will not get you any more wheel travel. I can get you into a set of shocks for about $700.00. These shocks will add almost 2 inches of wheel travel and make the bike handle alot better.

FUELATV

·
Registered
469 Posts
looks good, but a quality sand tire will be worth its weight in gold if ur riding mostly sand. Then efi controller, but i highly recomend power commander 3. Then from there it can go to pipe, intake if they are out yet, more in depth motor mods

1 - 12 of 12 Posts