KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know if the Quad Works Seat Foam is any softer than the original? I know everyone says Quad Tech is the way to go but I don't really care for their designs and would like to get a truly custom cover. But I need some softer foam and it doesn't appear Quad Tech sells the foam separate.

·
Registered
415 Posts
They used to sell the foam separate, but I just checked their website and it doesn't look like they offer it anymore. I have the hump seat. The main foam looks like the same dimensions as stock, but they use a softer density foam. It's very comfortable. They can probably make a custom cover for you. When I bought mine, I had them make it all black without the QuadTech emblems on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm gonna call quad works and find out what they have to say. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
12,058 Posts
Cool... let us know.

·
Registered
446 Posts
They sold me just the foam a few weeks ago, but I had to give them a call, I don't know why it's no longer on their site.

·
Registered
12,058 Posts
Still an awesome desert rig you have there.

What is your opinion between Quad Tech and Jet Trim?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well its been some time but Quad Works told me theirs was same density as OEM. I ordered a Quad Tech one and haven't installed it yet. But it doesn't really seem any softer than stock. I guess I'll see after I get a new cover.

·
Registered
12,058 Posts
Quad Tech foam is certainly better.

I was amazed how much better.
I am not crazy about their covers though, because of the seams.

Let me know what else you find that works... might have to have someone make one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I'll defiantly have to have one made. I need some white and purple mixed in there. I've used the Hidden Camo Covers that are sold on ebay more of a Bargain cover but the quality is decent. We just put one on an Outlaw 525 and it fit quite well and wasn't hard to install. Anyways I'll be shopping for a cover but I'm awfully picky so it may be a while. It took months to get the graphics perfect. My poor graphics artist probably wanted to kill me. But as you can see the dingy all black seat isn't working.

·
Registered
12,058 Posts
Yeah, check with them... they can do 2-tone in a lot of colors and stitch designs as well...

A black top with white sides and some cool stitching in the white sides would work with that.

Jet Trim is another to try checking with. They do some different stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts