KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello I'm starting to make my oil cooler and bought an oil cooler 10 Row AN10 and I have a doubt in photo 2 copper interior has less as the original body of the cap?
this difference between the copper and the "cap" is what makes the distribution of oil right?
and makes the oil circulate normally through the original cap paths
another question if my oil cooler is in a high position on the bike will the oil not flood the engine when the bike is turned off?
my oil coller will have to be protected because we go off-road on the hill always with many sticks and stones in which he is not protected will be quickly damaged
I'm curious on how your going to use the pressure to send the oil through the cooler without it being equal pressure at your cooler return line...
But it should have little to no pressure loss from exit to return from the cooler. I not really sure what your meaning.
There has to be more pressure to send the oil through the cooler and no pressure at the return line or the oil will bypass the cooler lines and continue it's normal path...

I'm redirecting the oil into the cooler line and returning back into the oil cap then to it's normal path under pressure...see pics then I had to grind a groove around my sending tube to join the piston nozzle port to the other two ports to prevent restriction on the flow to the piston nozzle from the cooler return...

·
Super Moderator
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Hello I'm starting to make my oil cooler and bought an oil cooler 10 Row AN10 and I have a doubt in photo 2 copper interior has less as the original body of the cap?
this difference between the copper and the "cap" is what makes the distribution of oil right?
and makes the oil circulate normally through the original cap paths
another question if my oil cooler is in a high position on the bike will the oil not flood the engine when the bike is turned off?
my oil coller will have to be protected because we go off-road on the hill always with many sticks and stones in which he is not protected will be quickly damaged
But it should have little to no pressure loss from exit to return from the cooler. I not really sure what your meaning.
There has to be more pressure to send the oil through the cooler and no pressure at the return line or the oil will bypass the cooler lines and continue it's normal path...

I'm redirecting the oil into the cooler line and returning back into the oil cap then to it's normal path under pressure...see pics then I had to grind a groove around my sending tube to join the piston nozzle port to the other two ports to prevent restriction on the flow to the piston nozzle from the cooler return...

It would be a lot easier if you purchase an oil cooler cap from walshracecraft...https://www.walshrc.com/product/oil-cooler-kits-return-tank/

·
Super Moderator
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
I wanted to build because I think it's a lot of money for a cap
The brass torch tip directs the oil into the cooler then returns...The torch tips are LINCOLN ELECTRIC inner shield tips 2" long...see picture

Get a few I broke a drill bit drilling it out...

My KFX oil capacity is about 2 US quarts with oil cooler..OEM dry 1.43 us quart...see picture

Oil cap center hole needs to grind out the oil passage to get around the 1/8 NPT connector from the cooler return to feed the piston nozzle...!! see pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello I have doubts, the oil that comes from the filter (central hole) will only pass to the cooler ok?
Oil that comes from the cooler enters the other hole we made and will come out in the 3 side holes of the cap or only comes out in the 2 side that we have the cooler return hole?
thanks for your patience

·
Super Moderator
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Hello I have doubts, the oil that comes from the filter (central hole) will only pass to the cooler ok?
Oil that comes from the cooler enters the other hole we made and will come out in the 3 side holes of the cap or only comes out in the 2 side that we have the cooler return hole?
thanks for your patience
Study the oil flow chart in the service manual...Chapter 7-4 ENGINE LUBRICATION SYSTEM
Lubrication System Chart

·
Registered
29 Posts
thanks for your patience
Study the oil flow chart in the service manual...Chapter 7-4 ENGINE LUBRICATION SYSTEM
Lubrication System Chart
I realize the standard path of oil.
my question is about the scheme after changing the cap
as attached pictures

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
thanks for your patience
Lubrication System Chart
I realize the standard path of oil.
my question is about the scheme after changing the cap
as attached pictures
Yes..center hole out to cooler, return 2-oil passages to tranny & Camshafts...1-oil passage opposite side of cap to piston nozzle that crosses through the center hole...Thus to need to clear for oil to get around the center NPT barb connector's thread...3 total oil passages...see picture

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
thank you very much now I realized how it looks after the changed of cap.
Thanks again for your patience but here in Europe it is hard to get material for KFX450r and what is there is very expensive and you are lucky to have a lot of material available there in the US so in Europe we try to reconstruct a lot of KFX material.
We also have here in Portugal lack of experienced KFX workshops when my fan didn't turn on (I participated in a topic and you helped me) my KFX went to several unsuccessful workshops and after finding you I solved the problem.
thank you for the patience

·
Super Moderator
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
thank you very much now I realized how it looks after the changed of cap.
Thanks again for your patience but here in Europe it is hard to get material for KFX450r and what is there is very expensive and you are lucky to have a lot of material available there in the US so in Europe we try to reconstruct a lot of KFX material.
We also have here in Portugal lack of experienced KFX workshops when my fan didn't turn on (I participated in a topic and you helped me) my KFX went to several unsuccessful workshops and after finding you I solved the problem.
thank you for the patience
Any questions you may have? just ask...!!

121 - 131 of 131 Posts