KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently removed the full dasa exhaust(too loud for my area) from my kfx450r and replaced it with a stock exhaust. My question is if I install an fci intake are any of the tuners out there compatible with that combo?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Did you try the quiet Core?

It’s 30 bucks for the dasa

The 3 button controllers are very user friendly for almost mods

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I think I'm gonna go with the power commander 3. The dasa I have is the oval shaped silencer which is the early model I guess, not compatible with the quiet core they sell

·
Registered
558 Posts
That sucks to hear its too loud for your area. I feel my dasa is also loud and obnoxious but i have yet to be told its too loud. Its just me i guess.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Recently removed the full dasa exhaust(too loud for my area) from my kfx450r and replaced it with a stock exhaust. My question is if I install an fci intake are any of the tuners out there compatible with that combo?
The Dobeck 3 button controller(s) would be easily tune for just a intake swap, and you'll notice a difference in power immediately. I'd sell the DASA and replace it with a Yoshimura RS2 it's only 96db out of the box without a power robbing quiet core installed.

KB Motorsports
270-774-1982

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright guys thanks for the replies. I sold the dasa and installed stock heavy ass muffler, bought a 3 button wiseco tuner/controller and decided to buy a CFM intake over the FCI mainly for the purpose of running a lid and the ability to run a UNI foam filter vs the K&N style on the FCI intake. Not knocking the FCI they look to be a very nice product but I just felt I needed to have more protection in wet and muddy conditions. Anyways, the cfm intake installed nicely and fit good, and really woke the bike up even with the restrictive stock exhaust. Plus as an added bonus it really looks good on the KFX being aluminum, it matches up with the aluminum frame/subframe.

So now with the wiseco controller, does anyone have any tuning suggestions? CFM intake with lid and stock exhaust. Right now I have it set at Green 3 , Yellow 3.5 , Red 3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts