KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help me out with this ECU. I got a 2010 KFX with FCI intake and full sparks racing exhaust. Dont have any work done to the internals of the motor. Right now i have the ECU on #8 and it pulls hard, defiantly a noticeable increase from stock. I haven't really gotten to ride the quad other than up my road but one thing i noticed is when idling or if you quick jab the throttle it stalls out. So im wondering if the map im using is to aggressive for my mods? I already tried PM Duster, ive heard hes the man with these things but his inbox was full so hope someone else can give me some input.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Probably too much fuel at once so in my opinion it's too agressive

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I would say drop Down to map 7. See how it runs on 7.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Try a new spark plug as well.
I usually change it once a year or so just for maintenance.

·
Super Moderator
9,971 Posts
If you stab the throttle and it stalls...you might be too lean off Idle...

too lean of mixture your motor will rev fast, pop when decelerating, cut out & stall...

too rich of mixture, your motor will hesitate/lazy, slow to rev, & bog down.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I Have pretty much the same mods except the exaust. I'm Running a full Yoshumira with a fuel customs intake and a Procom. The only other difference may be that I've put a 15 tooth sprocket up front. Which I highly recommend. Still has plenty of bottom end and I weigh 235. I've tried several different programs on the Procom and found that program 7 is perfect for me. My back bumper is skinned up pretty good cause when I stab it it will come over backwards if you let it. I can bring it up in 3rd if I try. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bumped mine up to setting 9. I tried 7 and 8 and still choked out when you stabbed the throttle. It also seems to idle smoother on setting 9. Like i said i havent really gotten to ride it yet besides up my road, i plan on riding this weekend but seems to idle smoother on setting 9 and doesnt cut out when you jab the throttle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im gonna have to play around with mine when i ride it. Maybe setting 7 or 8 is better for riding and power but not as good for idle? Idk 9 definatlly seemed to idle smoother tho and didnt cut out

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
If 9 is better run 9.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What is your idle set to? The idle (I believe) is supposed to be at 1600 to 1800 RPM according to the manual.
If 9 is better and still not totally correct why not try and fix it by adjusting the fuel map?
Is that not the point of buying a programmable ECU?
I have a Procom arriving for mine this Friday. Sounds like I will need to get my Innovate wide band out to tune this bike.
I installed and then had to remove my new CFM aluminum air intake box because it made my engine way way lean which made my header pipe glow bright red.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The maps are easy to adjust. But you will have to download them from procomp website. Also, post Windows 10 users have to follow a process to load maps to the ecu. If you Windows 7 or older it's no problem.

Map 7-9 works great for most of the big three setups. The cfm Intake might like map 5-6, it doesn't flow as much as a fuel customs.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I Totally agree with Stroker on which program to run. Even though I have found 7 works for me, if your's runs better on 9, run 9.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts