KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys here we go, riding my quad . Everything was great. the thing dies just before i stopped. no big deal. started up again and rode about 30 yards and died.here is what i have replaced
wiring harness
procom ecu
tps
regulator
battery
fuel pump 2x
all relays
coil
check all grounds
It will not prime the fuel pump. If i hot wire the pump it runs like a champ. when I turn the key it will click through the relay but not power the pump when it is plugged in. the battery volts area constant 13.18v at the battery and at the fuel pump connector. ive been trying to get this thing to work for about a year and growing very pi**ed off at it. please give ideas so I can go ride again

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
ok guys here we go, riding my quad . Everything was great. the thing dies just before i stopped. no big deal. started up again and rode about 30 yards and died.here is what i have replaced
wiring harness
procom ecu
tps
regulator
battery
fuel pump 2x
all relays
coil
check all grounds
It will not prime the fuel pump. If i hot wire the pump it runs like a champ. when I turn the key it will click through the relay but not power the pump when it is plugged in. the battery volts area constant 13.18v at the battery and at the fuel pump connector. ive been trying to get this thing to work for about a year and growing very pi**ed off at it. please give ideas so I can go ride again
Do you have 12v at the fuel pump 10 amp fuse to frame ground...?

Do you have 12v at the Ignition coil Y/R wire to frame ground...?

I'm thinking a bad or dirty connection at the handlebar assembly...check if you have 12v on the brown wire at the headlight/starter button/start/stop switch on the handlebars...??

How long does it run when your hot wire the fuel pump...ride it around for 20 minutes or more??

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks dust, i only ran the pump for a few seconds( about 30) hot wired. I have checked all grounds to the chassis and to the battery from the chassis. The handle bar switch was dirty and i have taken it completely apart and cleaned. tonight i plan on jumping the fuel pump relay at the terminal block that it plugs into and see if it is the relay is still not working. I read that someone replaced the relays with circuit breakers (i think?) just wondering .
Also haven't been able to ride it around due to the state it is apart. I did however fired it with some wd40 to see if it would go. it did. thanks for the info and I will update later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts