KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much horsepower the KFX450 puts out stock?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Does anyone know how much horsepower the KFX450 puts out stock?[/b]
Depends on dyno and conditions. I've seen 39.8 to 43.3. Bottom line is it's more than the other 3 when tested on the same dyno.

·
Registered
588 Posts
All dyno's are different but mid 30's to low 40's would be assumption. Unless your a drag racer the broad power curve is more important than peak.

·
Registered
469 Posts
different dynos hold diffrent numbers, but like said upper 30's to lower 40's is the rough guess. imo if your gonna do it, do a dyno run stock and then when ur motor mods are done. Then you know the difference in power...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Depends on dyno and conditions. I've seen 39.8 to 43.3. Bottom line is it's more than the other 3 when tested on the same dyno.[/b]
Can you prove that? If so then why is it so slow stock compaired to the others?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can you prove that? If so then why is it so slow stock compaired to the others?[/b]
Somebody from LRD posted the comparative dyno sheet on a different thread and i was gonna repost it but it's not letting me. The difference is not much and line up as far as peak hp is 1 Kaw 39.62, Yam 39.29, Suz 38.19 and Hon 37.23. IMO the gearing is REALLY too low for the motor.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Somebody from LRD posted the comparative dyno sheet on a different thread and i was gonna repost it but it's not letting me. The difference is not much and line up as far as peak hp is 1 Kaw 39.62, Yam 39.29, Suz 38.19 and Hon 37.23. IMO the gearing is REALLY too low for the motor.[/b]
I agree they'll all be close it how they deliver the power that matters. Everyone will be doing some modding anyway.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I agree. I race mx too and it's geared awsome for that. It rockets out the corners. I have taken it to top speed and admit it feels somewhat tame up there but i don't mind it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I agree. I race mx too and it's geared awsome for that. It rockets out the corners. I have taken it to top speed and admit it feels somewhat tame up there but i don't mind it.[/b]
last weekend on fire roads i dragged a buddy on a piped and K/Ned trx450 and smoked him off the start but he caught up and walked away once i hit 5th gear. I would have had him if i had another gear. On the trails 1st felt way too low and i was in third gear when everyone else was in 1st or second. Felt like third was a little much but 2nd wasn't enough. I don't race (too old, too cheap) but i can't imagine needing first on any track as second will spin the wheels off from a dead stop. I probably don't know what i'm talking about but i am getting a 34 tooth rear.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The 34 rear sprocket seems to do really good everywhere. The gearing is taller and I can race around in 2nd and straight aways third in the trails.

My brother mike has just the 15 tooth front and hes in 3rd the whole time, while im mostly in 2nd.

I got some more time on it tonight and think its is a good gear if you wanna smoke all your buddies.

Jeff

·
Registered
110 Posts
The 34 rear sprocket seems to do really good everywhere. The gearing is taller and I can race around in 2nd and straight aways third in the trails.

My brother mike has just the 15 tooth front and hes in 3rd the whole time, while im mostly in 2nd.

I got some more time on it tonight and think its is a good gear if you wanna smoke all your buddies.
Jeff[/b]
Well thats just what i want it for ;)

·
Registered
588 Posts

Jeff[/b]

Jeff, so do you keep the stock 14 gear up front and a 34 rear sprocket?

-Bill

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, I went back to the front 14 cause I didnt want to take any chances with my chain hitting the motor case. Its too tight and risky. Also I can take 2 people on rides now and not have to use the clutch so much.

My esr exhaust was so loud when i ride at night I took the stock exhaust core and cut it to fit in the esr exhaust. It nice and quiet for night riding.

Jeff

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, I went back to the front 14 cause I didnt want to take any chances with my chain hitting the motor case. Its too tight and risky. Also I can take 2 people on rides now and not have to use the clutch so much.

My esr exhaust was so loud when i ride at night I took the stock exhaust core and cut it to fit in the esr exhaust. It nice and quiet for night riding.
Jeff[/b]
So it's louder at night? :D :p

·
Registered
67 Posts
yeah, lol no its just that my neighbors are sleeping and sometimes you can see them turn on there lights at night and step onto there front porch and see my go by and pullinto my driveway. They gave my brother a porblem before and called the fuzz.

Jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts