KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states , I'm looking for input on the PC V and the auto tuner. It doesn't appear to have the three buttons on the face for adjusting in the field. Is it only way to adjust with a laptop or the auto tuner? Ken @ KB told me there might be problems running XC with the Autotune's O2 sensor due to the readings getting fouled by water or excessive filter oil. Has anyone experienced any problems at all? If so, please describe. I keep finding threads with people stating that the were purchasing the PCV w/autotuners, but they never seem to follow up and post there results. So come on people, let us all here how it going with this new stuff.

Thanks, Indy

·
Registered
125 Posts
I put my on this summer but I haven't went on any rides to test it out with like wet or muddy conditions due to football season but I think it is excelent so far. I put all my mods on and tumed it to a close base map and it tuned it perfectly to my conditions and altitude. the throttle response is awesome and it not to lean cause it hs not back fired since i put it on. The only down side to the whole autotun is that i wired the power to mine threw my tailight power like the instructions say and now i have to keep my lights on all the time to give it power

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:bump::bump:

·
Super Moderator
10,168 Posts
It's still new.

As the title states , I'm looking for input on the PC V and the auto tuner. It doesn't appear to have the three buttons on the face for adjusting in the field. Is it only way to adjust with a laptop or the auto tuner? Ken @ KB told me there might be problems running XC with the Autotune's O2 sensor due to the readings getting fouled by water or excessive filter oil. Has anyone experienced any problems at all? If so, please describe. I keep finding threads with people stating that the were purchasing the PCV w/autotuners, but they never seem to follow up and post there results. So come on people, let us all here how it going with this new stuff.

Thanks, Indy
Most who use Dyno-jet are using the PCIII and not ready to spend $305.00 /PC V and $235.23/Auto-tune http://www.kbmotorsportsonline.com/...el-controllers/dynojet-power-commander-v.html
You can talk to:
Chris Kelly
Dynojet Research
2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105
North Las Vegas, NV 89081
1-800-992-4993 or
<[email protected]>
and of course Power Commander V, Power Comander 5, Powercommander

:cheers:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the PCV w/Autotune and I love it. Like the previous poster above, I don't have any experience yet riding in wet conditions, but everything seems to be in tune and running great. I didn't wire mine to the taillight like they suggest due to the headlights being on at all times issue, but I can't remember off hand what I wired to. Anyways, great system and worth a couple hundred dollars more to me because I don't have to take it to a dyno.

Here are some pics of where I put the O2 bung and Autotune box

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. :tups:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts