KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your quad is running hot check the fuse to the radiator fan. I know 3 people this has happened to. I raced SC GNCC and this happened to me and 1 other person in the afternoon class. I think the fuse is getting wet and shorting out. The dealer is checking this out, I'll keep you up to date.

·
Registered
588 Posts
If your quad is running hot check the fuse to the radiator fan. I know 3 people this has happened to. I raced SC GNCC and this happened to me and 1 other person in the afternoon class. I think the fuse is getting wet and shorting out. The dealer is checking this out, I'll keep you up to date.[/b]
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I thought my fan was not running. I'll check my fuse now. Thanks....

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Mine doesn't overheat but the fan seems to be on alot more than any other 450 I've ridden but it hasn't been an issue so far.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Once i stop the fan runs for no joke about 5 minuets.
FUELATV[/b]
I would concur with that, when I took it to the dunes the first time with my buddy who has a Raptor 700 we noticed the fan ran a little longer on mine than his after a good ride, I would say 5 minutes or so is about right. I also have never noticed it on why I was actually riding but, I am just assuming that I am generating enough air flow to keep it from coming on.

I want to mention that when I stop riding I leave the key on because some times it seems to take a minute or two before the fan comes on. I know some people stop and get right off an take the key out and this may cause some heat issues if they turn around and jump right back on it. I mean in theory it shouldn't because the fan should kick on and it not be an issue but, I figured I would mention it just in case.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine overheated in the second race and I found some mud lodged in the fan. the fan still wasn't coming on. I checked and the fuse was blown. then I changed the fuse and it is working fine now and dosen't run as much now the quad is broke in. I will be putting a bigger fuse in 30amp so it will only blow if I have a real problem. I feel the stock 10amp is too small to handle any extra load. The Fuel injection light also comes on when you overheat. And make sure you check all the hose clamps as I found 2 loose . I have also drained the coolant and added Engine Ice pre mix that i use in my other quads and it helps alot.... ric

·
Registered
591 Posts
just a quick question. where is the fuse? i havent had time to check mine but last ride i didnt notice it on

·
Registered
46 Posts
The manuel shows where the fuse is. You must remove the front cover & pull, I beleive, the yellow cap

·
Registered
160 Posts
My fan ended up working just fine. I like how all the fuses are behind the hood.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think the high compression, along with a tight, new motor it is going to run a little hotter than the other 450's. Once it is bromken in I think you will notice the fan acts about like any other machine.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Quick note I added an in-line temperature gauge to mine. I am noticing that my running temp is showing about 205 Degrees (Fahrenheit). It is about the same as my buddies 06 Raptor 700. I notice the fan runs after shutting the engine off until the temp gauge is just under 100.

Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am wondering if I should put a bigger fuse in? I would like to solve the problem before it becomes one, although I dont ride nearly as much as alot of you do.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts