KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My overheat /FI light stays on from the time you turn the key. The motor is just not turning over, but it's trying, to the point where my battery is dying now. Anyone know what to check, I changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, checked clutch and throttle, everything seems OK? Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you mean the engine is turning over but its not firing? Do you know not to give it any throttle when starting it? Also make sure your choke is pulled. Hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My overheat /FI light stays on from the time you turn the key.[/b]
the light should go off in about 3 second after you turn the key. So there is something wrong. Do you hear a fuel pump workind for a second after you turn the key? If not- check the fuses. Take the white plastic off and check the plugs and connectors.

I had hard time to start mine for the first time. Remember not to give any throttle as Matt said. You can ask two friends to give you a push and try to start it with a second gear (you can start it with a throttle pushed that way).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fuel pump kicks on like normal, the FI light comes on as soon as you turn the key and stays on. I know not to give it throttle when starting, and I tried it with the choke on and off? It usually fires right up, so something is wrong. About the only thing I didn't do was change the plug. It's in the shop now for some diagnostic tests....we'll see what happens! I'll Keep you guys posted

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did your "roll over" sensor come unmounted? I believe when you roll the quad it will kick that light on until you cycle the key. If the sensor is loose it may just stay on?

Just a guess.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did your "roll over" sensor come unmounted? I believe when you roll the quad it will kick that light on until you cycle the key. If the sensor is loose it may just stay on?

Just a guess.[/b]
It is your roll-over switch - turn the key off l- lift atv up - put back down - turn key on - done
read on hear about roll-over switch coming unmounted

·
Registered
171 Posts
i need help with the same problem... all the fuses are good and i rode it yesterday and put it in the garage and come out today and it wouldnt fire it just kept crankin over and over and the fi light stayed on whole time......were is the roll over sensor....ill check it...?

·
Registered
183 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mxboy183 @ Jan 22 2009, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i need help with the same problem... all the fuses are good and i rode it yesterday and put it in the garage and come out today and it wouldnt fire it just kept crankin over and over and the fi light stayed on whole time......were is the roll over sensor....ill check it...?[/b]
under the hood infront of all the wiring and stuff. It is a small black rectangle that uses rubber to hold onto the mounting tab. Zip tie it in place to keep it from coming off so easily.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Theres also a diagnostics wire under the hood. It looks like a skinny round plug just there. You connect that to the negitive of the battery and it will flash your FI light. In short and long flashes and then in your manual it will tell you where theres a fault in your system. I believe its the neg part of the battery i dont have any of those wires anymore and its been some time. If your dont got your manual just post what lights you see.

Check your rollover to

Its the box that is in the center of the fender mounts.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images0...53c26ec7bda.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts