KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread a while back about the satisfaction of the kfx but no one ever got back to it when they got their bikes.

I am looking into getting one and wanted to know what you think. The only reasons I have not got one yet is b/c I want a green one and all the dealers around New Orleans dont have the green yet, or sold them all. I also want to wait till the summer to find out more about them and to see if the price will drop, like a deal or something.
<span style="font-family:Impact">If you could list just one thing you like/dislike about the kfx what would it be?</span>

thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like everything about it. if I had to list a dislike, it would be the hard seat, and the fact there is no cheap 'cherry bomb" mod.

Now If I was coming from one of the other 450's probably the only 2 things that would make me switch would be the reverse, and the front frame geometry -potential for handling when moded as well as stock.

·
Registered
110 Posts
There was a thread a while back about the satisfaction of the kfx but no one ever got back to it when they got their bikes.

I am looking into getting one and wanted to know what you think. The only reasons I have not got one yet is b/c I want a green one and all the dealers around New Orleans dont have the green yet, or sold them all. I also want to wait till the summer to find out more about them and to see if the price will drop, like a deal or something.
<span style="font-family:Impact">If you could list just one thing you like/dislike about the kfx what would it be?</span>

thanks[/b]
The ONLY thing i would change on mine other than the obvious aftermarket stuff that everybody adds to every quad, would be the gearing. Either give it a sixth gear or 34 tooth rear sprocket. Otherwise very satisfied with mine. I love the size of it, the power, the handling, everything.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I love mine. The pegs, grips and power are on the good list. The only thing I don't like is some of the chrome flaked off my back rims, and the lack of aftermarke but that improve.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love mine. The pegs, grips and power are on the good list. The only thing I don't like is some of the chrome flaked off my back rims, and the lack of aftermarke but that improve.[/b]
The wheels are aluminum. There shouldnt be anything flaking off of them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
well one spot looks dark gray and the rest is the bright shiny silver. I'm getting some hipers anyway so whatever.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just some lessons learned from the LTR crowd. Wait to buy aftermarket parts. A large number of us ended up buying 2 exhausts, fuel controllers, and other accessories because we jumped on the first ones we saw. Wait for the dyno's.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Just some lessons learned from the LTR crowd. Wait to buy aftermarket parts. A large number of us ended up buying 2 exhausts, fuel controllers, and other accessories because we jumped on the first ones we saw. Wait for the dyno's.[/b]

Good Point. Thanks...

·
Registered
24 Posts

thanks[/b]
Be careful about tempature!!!!!Mine is STILL in the shop after it overheated with a blown head gasket. They claim the head gasket was blown due to either a fan that wasnt coming on,or loose head bolts from the factory.My bike has been at the dealer for a month!!!!!!I have gotten no help from kawasaki, or my local dealer.They keep pointing fingers at each other.My dealer keeps saying kawa sent the wrong parts,and kawa says they sent the right stuff.When i did ride the bike it was awesome,i kicked my buddies butt with a 700 raptor and my other buddie with a 500 outlaw.All i want is my bike back, and they are treating me like crap.My next step is getting a lawyer or a consumer lawyer.I keep reading about fans that are not turning on and fans that are running for five minutes after it is shut off,obviously they are having a problem with heat and this is not a good thing,if anyone has any info or help for me i would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Be careful about tempature!!!!!Mine is STILL in the shop after it overheated with a blown head gasket. They claim the head gasket was blown due to either a fan that wasnt coming on,or loose head bolts from the factory.My bike has been at the dealer for a month!!!!!!I have gotten no help from kawasaki, or my local dealer.They keep pointing fingers at each other.My dealer keeps saying kawa sent the wrong parts,and kawa says they sent the right stuff.When i did ride the bike it was awesome,i kicked my buddies butt with a 700 raptor and my other buddie with a 500 outlaw.All i want is my bike back, and they are treating me like crap.My next step is getting a lawyer or a consumer lawyer.I keep reading about fans that are not turning on and fans that are running for five minutes after it is shut off,obviously they are having a problem with heat and this is not a good thing,if anyone has any info or help for me i would really appreciate it.[/b]
Sorry to hear you having such a hard time. Good Luck with this.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I love mine. It is not a 450 killer out of the gate, a lot of people ask me that, once you add a few mods I think it will hang with the rest of them. I love how forgiving it is of whatever I seem to throw at it. Reverse is awesome. Seat is hard and not a gripper for sure. Would agree that the gearing could be a little different.

I think it is awesome for trail riding/cross country right out of the gate, gearing needs some tweaks if you are drag racing it along with other mods of course. I can't speak for MX haven't took it there (yet).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Be careful about tempature!!!!!Mine is STILL in the shop after it overheated with a blown head gasket. They claim the head gasket was blown due to either a fan that wasnt coming on,or loose head bolts from the factory.My bike has been at the dealer for a month!!!!!!I have gotten no help from kawasaki, or my local dealer.They keep pointing fingers at each other.My dealer keeps saying kawa sent the wrong parts,and kawa says they sent the right stuff.When i did ride the bike it was awesome,i kicked my buddies butt with a 700 raptor and my other buddie with a 500 outlaw.All i want is my bike back, and they are treating me like crap.My next step is getting a lawyer or a consumer lawyer.I keep reading about fans that are not turning on and fans that are running for five minutes after it is shut off,obviously they are having a problem with heat and this is not a good thing,if anyone has any info or help for me i would really appreciate it.[/b]
Dude,I rode mine for about half hour and my kids said look your leaking something shut it off.I looked the drain plug fell out.Kawasaki didnt do a dam thing they said well fill it back up with oil and we will send you a drain plug.same with my dealer.I was not impressed.I have never heard my fan run but it doesnt feel like it is running very hot either.Other than that the bike is awsome.I can beat my tenants 2007 LTR and my friends pred in the open field easily pull ahead by two or three lengths by fifth gear they are starting to catch up a little but I dont worry to much it handles so well and flys through the jumps with ease.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts