KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it take to get your bike to operating temp? My bike gets to operating temp within 1 minute,the fan kicks on and it runs what i would call hot within 1 minute all at idle.It gets to the point where the pipe gets red hot at the head and my new Trinity slip on starts to smoke . Is this normal, or do i have another problem going on??It just got back from the dealer for a overheating problem after a month were the engine blew up due to heat, all during the break-in ride only after 2 rides,maybe about 7 hours.Do i have another problem going on or is this normal???

·
Registered
135 Posts
How long does it take to get your bike to operating temp? My bike gets to operating temp within 1 minute,the fan kicks on and it runs what i would call hot within 1 minute all at idle.It gets to the point where the pipe gets red hot at the head and my new Trinity slip on starts to smoke . Is this normal, or do i have another problem going on??It just got back from the dealer for a overheating problem after a month were the engine blew up due to heat, all during the break-in ride only after 2 rides,maybe about 7 hours.Do i have another problem going on or is this normal???[/b]
A new slip on will smoke a little after it gets hot as the packing material begins to singe, it should smell funny too. a little bit of headpipe glowing is normal. I would check with Trinity to see if they reqiure an aftermarket fuel controller to go with it. You may be a little lean with the stock controller.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a vapor computer and the coolant temp runs about 200-206 degres once up to operating temp. Even when riding slower on a 55-60 degree day

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
To quote another post I made in a different topic.

"Quick note I added an in-line temperature gauge to mine. I am noticing that my running temp is showing about 205 Degrees (Fahrenheit). It is about the same as my buddies 06 Raptor 700. I notice the fan runs after shutting the engine off until the temp gauge is just under 100."

·
Registered
46 Posts
i just installed the vector computer, what should i set my warnings too.

warning 1 engine getting hot

warning 2 of engine meltdown

thanks
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
I have a vapor as well and my fan kicks on at around 212 degrees as for temp lights I have my 1st set to 215 I believe and haunt set my high. Temp yet I've never seen it yet to go past 216!

·
Super Moderator
10,055 Posts
i just installed the vector computer, what should i set my warnings too.

warning 1 engine getting hot

warning 2 of engine meltdown

thanks
Thanks.
mine is set at
warning 1 engine getting hot 190 degrees fan should click "on" (low speed)
205~210 (high speed)

warning 2 of engine meltdown At 220 degrees because the head and cylinder is aluminum and can warp easily

also oil starts to break down around 250 degrees

·
Registered
193 Posts
How long does it take to get your bike to operating temp? My bike gets to operating temp within 1 minute,the fan kicks on and it runs what i would call hot within 1 minute all at idle.It gets to the point where the pipe gets red hot at the head and my new Trinity slip on starts to smoke . Is this normal, or do i have another problem going on??It just got back from the dealer for a overheating problem after a month were the engine blew up due to heat, all during the break-in ride only after 2 rides,maybe about 7 hours.Do i have another problem going on or is this normal???

I am not sure your fan should be comming on so soon. Normally my fan only comes on after ridding pretty hard.

·
Registered
12,058 Posts
Hate to say it, but this sounds bad brother.

What did the dealer say the original cause of overheating was that lead to your first engine failure?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts