KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 08 kfx450..... the bike was always able to start in gear w/ the clutch pulled.... but ever since i installed the baldwin kill switch kit it only starts in neutral.... and i installed my stock switch over the weekend b/c i needed my headlights for night riding and it still only starts in neutral and when its in gear and the bike is off, with the key on the FI light flashes... can anybody help me?
thanks
nick

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
If you look at the diagram I attached below you can follow the wiring and see what is required to start the quad in gear. I would say look at the wiring first to ensure everything is reconnected properly then check the Starter Control Relay (Clutch), then the starter lockout switch.

Someone else who has the baldwin switch installed might be able to give you some input as well. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
go with raredart I just had this problem on my quad its the relay if you are in front of your bike under the hood the 4 big relays in a row the 2nd from the right is the one you need they are like 30 bucks they are all the same so you mine as well order a couple.

·
Registered
651 Posts
bauen where did you order yours from? and did you figure out what was wrong with your quad?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts